Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Launcher Very slow

Discussion in 'Release 31 Bug Forum' started by Isaiah, Jul 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

It doesn't seem to download faster than 160KB/s which for me is super slow. My downloads max out at around 118 to 120Mbps on speed tests and I usually have really fast speeds with the sota downlaoder.

It was like this yesterday, and still going slow today updating from patch 432 to 434. It is almost like is only one peer??? I had my launcher open all night and there was 0mb upload. not one person uploaded on the first day of release 31??? Seems odd.

IS anybody else having this issue? ***My firewall doesn't appear to be blocking this. It worked well before.

Thanks,
    Windows 10 64bit

EDIT: Same exact firewall settings for the QA launcher, and it downloaded at 5Mbps and higher.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2016
  2. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

UPDATE 434 to 435

VERY FAST. Not sure what changed. I will keep it open to see if anybody begins to upload from me.

After consideration the only thing I did change from before was that I enabled unlimited bandwith on upload. It was previously set at 40KBps and I set it to zero (unlimited)... not sure if that made any difference at all but that was the only change I personally made. I figured I would help more since my upload speed is at least 4x greater than it was 3 years ago.

EDIT: Already sent 1MB uploaded. Seems to be working now. Cheers!

3. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

Getting patch 439 was going really slow so i killed the launcher and opened it again and it started downloading fast. Seems like there actually is something a little off with the launcher connecting to peers. Should see be able to see the number of people seeding? It might be helpful to know what is happening there.

4. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Thank you for reporting. We'll continue to investigate this issue.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.