Learning a bit every day, but so many questions still=)

Discussion in 'New Player Welcome' started by grandmaJOY, Aug 17, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. grandmaJOY

grandmaJOY Avatar

This game is remarkably engaging. I am for the most part impatient -- and starting a new game I usually want to just get geared up and gogogo. But last night I realized I had spent half the day just trying to make 1 simple food recipe (at least I *thought* it would be simple - it was not).

Today I spent all morning running back and forth and back and forth between the 2 rulers in Ardoris and was only slightly irritated at this truly boring mechanic. Later when I had to fight to the top of the tower (eye something or another?) I was using actual *tactics* to survive in my dreadful gear and my terrible keyboarding skills! Gosh I was proud when I finished it. I know my patience is partly due to playing solo and partly due to this being a fun and engaging game.

Today's questions:

If jewelry gives the same type of bonus, will they stack? For example: 2 rings of Life Attunement +5?

How do you talk to a vendor? I have a couple quests where I’m tasked with something like, “talk to the Alchemist” only he is a vendor so every time I try to interact, the shop opens up and I can’t see any other options for chatting to him.

How do I butcher? I bought the skill but can't find any craft station at which to use it.

As always I thank you for any advice/answers you provide.

2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

yes, though some rings are set so you can't wear two of them.

it sounds like you have skip conversations with vendors turned on. turn it off, and then when you DO want to skip conversations with someone, hold left alt down when you double-click them.

[​IMG]

butchering stations are often not in the main crafting pavilion. there might not be one, but sometimes they're in inns/taverns/cooking shops. they're also on deco merchants, with all the stations.

Time Lord and Anpu like this.
  3. Toular

Toular Avatar

I looked all over Ardoris and did finally find one butchering station on a player-owned lot down in southwest Ardoris just north of "Ardoris Imports". Question is, why isn't there one at the crafting pavilion? There's room for one right next to the cooking station - just move that cooking station a bit to the left and it'll fit right in there. Alternatively one could be placed on the bridge by "Dustin the Butcher" (Whom I've never actually seen there) Loc: (128.665, 56.695, 105.102). Seems obvious, really there there should be a butcher station where there is a butcher (or was - he is listed here -https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/map/?map_id=180

Sotowiki has this on Dustin "Dustin was a butchery vendor in the city of Ardoris, but was lost in the Plague of 517." It's shame he took his station with him.

Time Lord and grandmaJOY like this.
  4. Alley Oop

that won't help an offline player. ...but that's okay, because there IS one in the crafting pavilion, and one in the fishing shop along the dock, and one in each palace kitchen.

Time Lord likes this.
  5. grandmaJOY

grandmaJOY Avatar

Ah ha! THANK YOU I *did* have Skip Merchant Convos and that would never have occurred to me!

Time Lord likes this.
  6. grandmaJOY

grandmaJOY Avatar

The wiki, and all y'all here, refer to the "Crafting Pavilion" but on my map there is no such location. I did eventually find a bunch of crafting stations but still couldn't find a butcher location. I shall endeavor to be extra vigilant today in tracking one down:)

Time Lord likes this.
  7. Alley Oop

Time Lord likes this.
  8. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

A person should be rewarded for asking questions here in our forums, and players who answer those questions should also be rewarded for trying to answer them.
    Thanks for asking questions here in our forums @grandmaJOY :) It really does help everyone!

@Alley Oop 's answers are always the best!
    [​IMG]

~Time Lord~

Aldo, grandmaJOY and Violet Ronso like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.