Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Leather from leather scraps recipe bugged since its been in, rereporting.

Discussion in 'Crafting, Harvesting, Salvage, & Agriculture' started by Anvar, Jul 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anvar

Anvar Avatar

1. Title:Leather from leather scraps recipe bugged since its been in, rereporting.
    2. Reproduction Rate:100%
    3. Blocker? 100% the recipe is never used for obviuous reasons
    4. Details: If you make leather normaly from hide you use 2 hide and 1 salt which makes 2 leather. If you use the scraps recipe you use only 1 hide and 1 salt + 6 scraps but it ONLY makes 1 leather. If you do the math that means to same volume of leather from scraps you use 2 salt, 2 hides and 12 scraps , so it costs you 12 scraps and 1 more curing salt than just making leather normally.
      All the other scrap recipes are fine, only this one has always been bugged and been reported before (even in streams) but has been overlooked many times it seems.
    5. Steps to Reproduce: Make leather normaly , observe mat use and leather gained. Make with scraps and observer then never use the recipe again and stockpile scraps forever ;)
    6. User Specs: i72600k 16gb gtx 970

Rentier likes this.
  2. Rentier

Rentier Avatar

just for better understanding some History to this :

already reported and a choosen design atm till someone can revisit it
    latest :
    Release 694 JIRAed 49558 with an answertext (post is archived so i can't quote Lexie anymore)
    "
    Not a R54 bug...or even a bug. This is a balance design decision that has been debated many times.
    I will say this: nothing is ever concrete in Sota. Things change. There is a JIRA open that may or may not change this, but it would be an improvement aspect and not a bug for QA. Rather, it's design.
    That # is 49558.

I'd go into more detail but I'm afraid I have limited bandwidth the day before release. But there are a few reasons why things are the way they currently are.
    @Rentier

I know this is a subject many are passionate about (and I get it, I play and craft, too) so I apologize for being a bit brief on this subject at the moment.​
    "

other anserws only JIRAed
    Release 618/619 55113

Release April 2017 44214

Jaesun likes this.
  3. Anvar

Anvar Avatar

lol its not a subject were pasionate about its basic maths :p
    tnx for digging out that info, I remember reporting it back in r20 something

Last edited: Jul 15, 2018
  4. Anvar

Anvar Avatar

Anyhow how can it be a design other than a bad design if the maths is so wrong noone will ever use it ???

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.