Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Leather vs. Cloth Armor (Crafted) - Damage Avoidance?

Discussion in 'Release 20 Feedback' started by Gamician, Aug 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gamician

Gamician Avatar

Leather Armor only seems to have a Total of 3.0 in Damage Avoidance. 2 on the Chest and 1 on the Leggings. It has zero Damage Avoidance on all the other pieces. Cloth however has at least 1.0 Damage Avoidance on every piece. The total numbers would seem to indicate that Cloth would provide more Defense than Leather. I would assume that is not intended. Is this a bug or is it as intended? Those who have worn both say they believe the Leather provides more protection.

KuBaTRiZeS likes this.
  2. Baene Thorrstad

Baene Thorrstad Avatar

Likely, though this is just a guess, damage avoidance is calculated in the location of the hit, not as an overall value? That would seem to make sense to me, and given that the torso and legs are typically the ones that have the majority of the hits taken to them, it would seem to make sense that their values being higher in DA i what causes them to see better protection from the leather.

3. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

design as intended have to listen to what avoid and reist do from the looks of it reiest is Better for absorbing (negating) damage than avoidance. Plus use different leathers and you get different additions.

4. Waxillium

Waxillium Avatar

It's easy to understand why avoiding something seems better than resisting something.

If the cloth vs. leather is flipped then I don't understand that either unless being in cloth means you can react faster and thus avoid damage.

I'm unable to add clarity to this except to say you can get way more resist than avoid which to me means the one (avoid) should logically be better than the other (resist) based simply on scarcity.

KuBaTRiZeS likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.