Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Lefty Righty! Walk...uh...Running's Really Hard!

Discussion in 'Release 2 Feedback' started by Elli, Jan 31, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elli

Elli Avatar

So, I'm righty but do lefty things with the control things. Doing wacky WASD and mouse stuff all in a corner's harder than you might think!

Or maybe it's not and I'm just all awkward alone, but I'm hoping we get arrow time soon. I'll even take the number pad. As long as it's righter.

I'd just do the mouse instead, but oh my gosh is that hard! I run into everything and feel all dumb.

I'm sure it's all planned to go in and stuff, but I'm sure I can't be the only lefty in the whole world!

Please save us from the smashing of faces on all the things!

Thanks! [​IMG]

Elli
    News of the Avatar

2. smack

smack Avatar

They hope to have key/mouse binding options in the next release, R3.

BillRoy [ab] likes this.
  3. Asclepius

Asclepius Avatar

Also they have realized that running everywhere is not fun - there will be an option to WALK instead. I'm really looking forward to that - inside houses etc I was constantly running into things!

4. Curt

Curt Avatar

Having a mouse with a mouse wheel i wish walking/running speed could be controlled like shift +mousewheel up/down i.e to control it gradually
    speed 1% - 2% ---- 100%

Lained likes this.
  5. Sir Cabirus

Sir Cabirus Avatar

I'm looking forward to walking. In U9 I was walking always - never run. And I like the option to move via the mouse - which was implemented fortunately with R2 :)

Time Lord likes this.
  6. Aeryk

Aeryk Avatar

If you are a lefty you might try IJKL as well one of these days (keymapping is coming i think?). You can simply keep your hands on home row. It is very nice to not have to move your hand for chatting or skills. I map my skills to keys around the movement keys for more efficiency as well.

7. Redborn

Redborn Avatar

I hope to see keymapping and walking also. Keymapping is important to any game. Not everybody uses the same keys.
    I also prefer to walk places too. I don't run in my own real house so I don't want to run in my virtual house either. I do want to run around town and through the woods thought.
    If they really wanted to fancy up things have a common walking speed and make the run speed based off your weight. It is hard to run fast when you are holding a lot of junk.
    Running could also cause fatigue or a loss in stamina so you can't run forever.

I'll be happy with just a controllable walk and run option though. :)

Aeryk and BillRoy [ab] like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.