Let's have a Star Citizen crossover/cameo

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by cor2879, Mar 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cor2879

cor2879 Avatar

Nothing too over the top mind you, but most Ultima fans know of the long relationship between Ultima and Wing Commander (particular in Ultima VII but there are other cross-references). So it seems only fitting that Shroud of the Avatar might contain some hidden easter egg as a shout out to Star Citizen.

Olahorand and Abooza69 like this.
  2. Abooza69

Abooza69 Avatar

And hopefully the other way around as well.

Olahorand likes this.
  3. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

There is a cross promotional item. There is a Star Citizen alien polearm in Shroud of the Avatar, and there is a SotA crossbow in SC.

Canterbury, RelExpo and NRaas like this.
  4. selbie

selbie Avatar

LB has definitely adopted scifi themes in the past and I think it adds something special to the Ultima setting. Terry Pratchett's Discworld is a good benchmark for this kind of theme. The same way Dr Who blends a certain amount of fantasy with its sci-fi setting.

I'd love to see plenty of references to SC events. Great cross-promotion, and it helps to bring a greater context to the SotA world.

5. Canterbury

Canterbury Avatar

I'm a big fan of both IPs; I'd like to see it... but used fairly sparingly. After all, there's nothing that really connects the Star Citizen universe with the SotA universe in game terms.

So, some Easter eggs? Fine. The weapons? They're already in. Some other stuff? Maybe. But it's probably not going to be top of mind for the guys when there's a lot more core stuff to go on SotA, yet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.