Let us "Follow" (teleport) while in combat mode

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by Vladamir Begemot, Feb 2, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Nothing worse than clicking the button and missing the Follow because I forgot to put my weapons away first.

Varhyn, Jason_M and FrostII like this.
  2. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

That would be my first choice for sure.
    If that can't be, then at least remove the popup that is obviously meaningless.

Vladamir Begemot likes this.
  3. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

And make it work 100% of the time, not just sometimes :D.

Varhyn, FrostII, King Robert and 2 others like this.
  4. Jason_M

Jason_M Avatar

Agreed. I can't quite determine whether the follow feature is bugged or if there are different circumstances that prevent me from following.

Once I teleported as the leader of a large party. Half joined me in my instance, several others teleported but joined another instance, and one didnt get the prompt to teleport at all :oops:

The process is hard to report since we don't receive any error message or explanation about botched teleports.

Removing the combat blocker would be the easiest big step in tidying the system up. At least I assume it's easy because combat doesn't block other instance changes.

Vladamir Begemot likes this.
  5. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

And just to get ahead of the "But then you could easily escape combat!" excuse, 99.9% of the time that I have ever seen it used we are a big group of people standing around going to the next area, and haven't been in a fight in over five minutes, but someone forgot to put away their stuff or was mucking about for some reason. It's not going to be some big exploit to be able to follow if your weapons are drawn.

6. Jason_M

Jason_M Avatar

I never really considered it as a means of escaping a fight. After all, if you're trying to escape your lumps, you'll likely need it done faster than 60s.

I think this one might be a stretch, but it might be made to be interruptable as a spell. I think that would require a wholly different mechanic.

7. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Could be, it also might be a single "Allow during combat" checkbox that just needs to be flipped.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.