Let's talk controllers again...

Discussion in 'Hardware, Software, Tech' started by Tahru, Sep 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

Controllers can be a headache to set up and irreplaceable once they are setup. I would like to see more controller support in the game. I am curious of what other players would like as well.

• Track IR 5 - especially for camera view. It would make combat more interesting if the camera/aim can be controlled separately from movement.
    • Touchscreens - (totally different POV). Many windows tablets can play SOTA, but unfortunately they have to play on a table because a mouse is absolutely required. The touch screen can press HUD buttons currently, but forget about any kind of movement.
    • Faceware Technologies, FOIP - (pipe dream) This one obsoletes the track IR one above. If anyone has seen what Star Citizen is trying to do with it, it is mind blowing. It is RP like you never thought RP could be by controlling not only what you see, but how people see you with you face alone.
    This video shows the last point, posted here for reference only.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2017
  2. Toadster

Toadster Avatar

Faceware seems pretty cool but, don't think I would like the head fracker much, since the screen won't move with you.

3. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

I've been waiting for this for at least a decade. There's a pretty awesome vision of people using tech like this as their entire career in The Diamond Age, by Neil Stephenson. Any day now....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.