Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Leveling and leveling oh my...

Discussion in 'Release 19 Feedback' started by jschoice, Jun 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jschoice

jschoice Avatar

I am enjoying the card system a lot more than I thought I would especially with the way I can control my skill bar by assigning certain skills to slots so that I don't need to lock a card. I am not a big fan of the "leveling: system. I know I am biased because I loved the UO skill based despite its exploits such as 8x8ing. I never considered two people in a house fighting each other while bandaging each other as an exploit provided people were not "boting" I know some of the my favorite times in UO was sitting back with guildmates on boats having one person raising their magic resist as their guild makes spawns Demons on them while other members healed the person.

I am not suggesting that we go back to that exact skill based system, but I do prefer a skill based system over leveling. I am a big fan of Eve Online's skill leveling or something like it. I mean if I could go out to adventure or craft to gain raw experience that a player could assign to upgrade a spell or skill over time even when logged off would be cool.

I played a lot of the original Guild Wars. I enjoyed going out to capture elite skills for myself or to help friends. I think SotA would also be fun if the higher tiers of spells/skills needed to be captured off boss mobs.

I know there have been a lot of suggestion on this topic. I am just not liking the level grind that the game feels like now. I also don;t like I need to unlock skills and use points on skills I would never put in my deck. If I can use xp to raise the skills/spells I want which will allow me add more cards of that skill/spell. I would of course cap the total of xp so people can't unlock everything.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.