Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Leveling up - user clue to the event

Discussion in 'Release 11 Feedback' started by Spoon, Oct 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

I found that several times I missed the clues that I had earned more skill points.
    This since the event occured during battle and IIRC it is only an audible clue.

Suggestion:
    If you have unused skill points why not get an icon in the right hand tray similar to the one we get when our equip needs repair?
    Then why not make that double-clickable - which takes you directly to the Skill UI.

2. NRaas

NRaas Avatar

Ah, so there is a clue at all ? I play with the sound disabled, so I mostly have to guess as to when my character levels up.

Agreed, a visual indicator is definitely needed in the future. :)

smack, Budner and Lord Baldrith like this.
  3. smack

smack Avatar

There is both a visual and audible cue, which can definitely be improved and enhanced. Currently, the visual clue is some yellow text in your chat box. So you may miss this if you're getting a lot of chat spam from NPCs or battle. Tip: configure one tab just for critical messages. There is also an audio cue when you gain a level. When I heard it, I desperately wanted to hear the EQ "ding" instead :)

I agree, there should be other visual cues, like an on-screen status indicator that you've leveled and/or have unspent points. Also, when you level, perhaps some visual fx can occur on your character too?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.