LF RP Home (Keep/Theater)

Discussion in 'Roleplayer's Corner' started by Vallin Tregres, Jul 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vallin Tregres

Vallin Tregres Avatar

I am currently looking for an RP PoT in which to build a Theater in an open Keep spot. The building will be a large Kobold building with the dark spiked wall. It's intent is to look gothic and artistic. I checked out Serenite, but that town has no open Keep spots unfortunately.

I plan to build a decorative 'stairway' in the middle of the first room, which is the best I can do with a hatch. However, the keep basement will host a large central theater with 360 seating. The actors will not play amidst an audience from one direction, but incorporate their full surroundings. I may make use of the rooms in the main building as rental properties for when the city grows and can accommodate future RPers.

It may take a while to obtain the deed. I am currently negotiating in the trade forums. Other than the theater I wish to host a variety of events in the future or to offer my building as a grounds to host others events. If all this sounds like it would fit in your PoT theme I'd love to visit your homestead in the meantime to see what spaces are available. Again, this will be quite a large, gothic residence, so it might not fit directly within the center of a main town if you are going for a particular theme.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2017
  2. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

I love this idea and it sounds as if you've really thought things through :) I'd love to offer up Kahli as an option, but alas, I only have city lot sizes and below to offer. And its an RP-PVP town, so that might negatively affect your plans. But I'm very excited to see such plans in the works!

Hmmmm, on a second thought, if this would work in an underground RP-PVP town, let me know ;) I'll give you a tour and provide some links to a back story.

Good luck with this-great idea!

3. Bayard

Bayard Avatar

PhantasmalX,

Please consider the Outlander Welcome Center for your theater home. The OWC purpose is to help newer players learn about SotA in an immersive way and is conveniently located just outside Soltown (with a direct wagon connection too).

I recently upgraded to a Village and will have ample room for your keep next release. I'm willing to allow you to select your choice of location as long as it follows the OWC theme of helping newer players learn about SotA in an immersive way (and a fully decorated theater with live events would certainly do that). The OWC uses the grassland biome since I wanted things to be easy to see to encourage players to explore them. I also want the OWC to impress with a wide variety of homes, decorations, amenities and events since we only get one chance to make a first impression. It's not an ego thing, it's a lets-retain-as-many-new-players-as-possible thing!

Is the OWC a RP town? It is when I'm in residence! I see no reason why it can't become a main RP area to welcome and introduce players who are interested in RP (and I would personally enjoy it as well).

Please visit when you have a chance and explore the area. The OWC will continue to expand as necessary and the RP community is welcome to give input on how the OWC can support RP.

In Service to New Britannia (which includes the RP community),
    Johnkirk Bayard

4. Lord Andernut

Lord Andernut Avatar

#PhantasmaIX - I would be happy to host you in New Britannian Market as well. We have Bowen Bloodgood's astronomy classes and the flagship Vyrin & Womby bookstore, and an active town. I always welcome new projects and RP ideas :)

Even if it's not in my hometown, I hope you find a lovely home for your project!

Roycestein Kaelstrom likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.