Lich VS other summons

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sixclicks, Aug 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sixclicks

Sixclicks Avatar

So why does the Lich decay over time but the other summons last until they die or you go to another zone? Considering you have to do a 5 skull quest to even get the Lich while you have to do nothing to get the other magic types' summons, you would assume it would be better than the other summons. Yet it decays over time pretty rapidly. Is it significantly stronger in terms of damage or something? What exactly justifies it decaying while the other summons don't?

Ravicus likes this.
  2. Umuri

Umuri Avatar

All undead summons decay. It's a side effect of death magic.
    You can heal them up though.

Ravicus likes this.
  3. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

I agree that there should be some balance to the summons. If they decay and other summons do not, then maybe the undead summons should be slightly more effective during duration, or have an immunity to a certain class of spells. Something to counter/give reason for them decaying.

Sixclicks likes this.
  4. Sixclicks

Sixclicks Avatar

I understand that. It's suppose to represent death and how its decay. But if it's going to take more work to get to than other summons and also decay on top of that rather than lasting basically indefinitely, then it needs to do more damage than other summons or provide some other sort of beneficial effects that other summons do not. Maybe it leeches life to keep itself alive or something like that. I'm about to unlock it soon (I already did the quest for the book), so I don't know if it does the same damage or not yet. I'll be finding out soon.

If anyone has been able to use it yet, it would be nice to know if it does more. Otherwise I don't see a reason to use it over the Air elemental I already have.

Ravicus likes this.
  5. Elric Zand

Elric Zand Avatar

cause the undead pets does not take ~50 focus way?
    I really like having the extra focus, I always use my skeleton over my fire elemental...

6. Elric Zand

Elric Zand Avatar

just got the Lich so can answer your question: yes the Lich does decay/lose HP

Ravicus likes this.
  7. Sixclicks

Sixclicks Avatar

Alright, I got the Lich last night. So I figured I'd update this thread....

It does seem that the Lich does more damage than the other summons based off comparing my Air Elemental to the Lich (not sure about the other elementals). The Lich has around 50% more health and does approximately twice the damage at skill level 1 when compared to the skill level 1 Air Elemental. Also, unlike the other magic types, death has an innate skill that grants increased death summon effectiveness. I'm sure this skill will make a big difference in the long run and hopefully counter the negatives of the death decay with it's damage output.

8. Insinious FizzleThorpe

Insinious FizzleThorpe Avatar

And just throwing it out there you have to quest for the Fire Elemental as well, and the mob to kill isn't the easiest.

Sixclicks and Oba Evesor like this.
  9. Sixclicks

Sixclicks Avatar

I was unaware of that. I haven't leveled my fire magic that far yet. Honestly, I think all of the elemental should have a quest as well. The Lich quest was pretty fun to do with a group of friends who barely had an idea of what we needed to do in the first place.

10. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

Instead of decay, the undead summoned skeletons and lich should just take 50 HP away (not focus).

Sixclicks likes this.
  11. Oba Evesor

Oba Evesor Avatar

Just an FYI Death isnt the only tree that has the summoned creatures behind a 'mission-wall'.

Sun and Fire do too. I have to beat the dang fire chicken (Phoenix) to get my Sun elemental. Be glad ya just had to beat Lord Nyron! :p

12. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

I haven't leveled much or played much in past releases.

Are these summons you're talking about quest rewards, or are you taming specific monsters in game?

Oba Evesor likes this.
  13. Sixclicks

Sixclicks Avatar

I think that's a great idea actually.

14. Sixclicks

Sixclicks Avatar

Yeah, I didn't know that until you and another mentioned it in this thread. I got my Air elemental with no quest and a guildy got his earth elemental without a quest, so I just assumed the elementals didn't have quests for them. It would honestly be nice if they added quests for all of the final tier summons. Maybe they will eventually.

Oba Evesor likes this.
  15. Sixclicks

Sixclicks Avatar

In each of the magic types there is a summon in the highest skill tier. Such as the Air Elemental, Fire Elemental, Earth Elemental, Lich, etc. Some of them apparently require quests to unlock via the advanced trainer (Lich, Fire Elemental, Phoenix). Others such as the Earth and Air elementals do not require a quest to train. You can simply pay the 100 gold price for them the moment you meet the skill prerequisites.

They're not quest rewards or tamed creatures. They're just skills that summon an aspect of the respective element. All but the Lich last until they die or you enter a new zone. If they die, you can just summon a new one.

16. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Easy simple answer is there is 0 Focus penalty for Undead Summons and all others have a Focus penalty. This was the trade off.

17. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

Does the Water elemental have a quest before unlocking that skill?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.