Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Light Armor and Fizzle

Discussion in 'Release 30 Feedback Forum' started by Xander Xavier, Jun 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xander Xavier

Xander Xavier Avatar

I am not happy with what has been done with armor and fizzle chances in the last releases. It seems to me there was enough fizzle built into the different armor pieces. With a bit of diligent focus on "follow through" a mage could eventually eliminate fizzle from wearing leather armor. Mage were under powered as it was. So now you take away our best option in light armor, yet you force us to fight in melee combat. All our instant cast spells are short ranged and under powered compared to a weapon. All our ranged spells have a long enough casting time for melee mobs to close on us while we are casting. Most of our A.E.s are designed to be used in the middle of a bunch of mobs, yet take long enough to cast we suffer multiple melee attacks while we are casting them. Really, when it comes right down to it our A.E.s are hardly useful for killing anything more than yard trash. Our defensive spells do not make up for our lack of physical protection. You even took away our ineffective ranged wands and staffs and gave us harmless switch and sticks to fight Obsidian Wolves with in melee combat. I sometimes think you people really do hate mages and are determined to force every player to wear plate armor and use the exact same player template.

XX

Lord Baldrith, Bluefire and Beaumaris like this.
  2. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Heavy armor is extreme protection against physical attacks and weapons do not do well against them, while spells have the potential to hit for over 100, non-crit damage from range WHILE simultaneously applying some other alternate detrimental effect like long lasting stuns, slows, life transfer, multiple DoT, etc. Mages are very powerful, and as a trade off are, and should be, very lightly protected. Weapons only hurt unarmored foes, magic hurts everything.

It should be very difficult to cast in armor that effectively shields you from weapons. AoE should be used to attack an area and not an individual target, if they are only good for attackign groups of things, in my opinion, thats working like it should.

There also has not been any real comabt balancing lately, and its likely spells will cahnge after final wipe.

3. Halvard

Halvard Avatar

Before it was the other way around, for a loong time. So dont think it's about hate :p just an unfinished state without much balancing.

EMPstrike likes this.
  4. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

Since my main avatar is a mage, I love hearing how powerful mages are. Unfortunately, I haven't experienced that power yet. The highest Crit damage I have ever dealt with a spell was around 50. At what level can I expect the power to manifest itself?

EDIT: no sarcasm intended!! It is a serious question.

Lord Baldrith likes this.
  5. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

High intelligence and attunment give you some pretty substantial damage, more so for air and earth due to their having 2 stats each that affect thier power. Air is the strongest by a good margine, and they are each supposed to have some quirk about them that makes them stronger. Fire, for example, just requires some build up before it becomes absolutely devestating, tho fire arrow is the only spell that can effectivly take advantage of that at the moment. Death magic is supposed to be stronger the weaker you get, but im not sure thats balanced out well yet either. Socketing gems gives a mage a pretty good boost to thier damage, and getting gear with good stats on them works well too.

Also, spells are suppsoed to get a much mroe substantial bump in power the higher you stack them when compared to armor or melee skills.

6. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

Thanks, I'll have a look at my intelligence level - I can't remember if it is still training or not. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.