Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Lights again

Discussion in 'Release 42 Feedback Forum' started by Lockey2, May 31, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lockey2

Lockey2 Avatar

Well, here we go. Mid afternoon. Knights helm and it's so dark I have to have the light spell cast. Everything is turned as bright as I can get it. Why do we have to keep going through this? I could understand if I had brightness etc turned midway down, but, I don't. I have everything turned up all the way. We are talking two light sources and it's barely enough.

[​IMG]

zyxe likes this.
  2. Lord Ravnos

Lord Ravnos Avatar

Uhm, that looks pretty bright... maybe show it mid-afternoon before you "buff" the brightness for comparison sake? Also, if the sun is low still, you could be in the shadow of a high rock formation?

Edit: Also, yea, Storm overhead!

Last edited: Jun 1, 2017
  3. Arya Stoneheart

Arya Stoneheart Avatar

Usually use Night Sight at night or midnight to see good enough.

4. Dirk Hammerstrike

Dirk Hammerstrike Avatar

... it says you're standing in a storm. How does it look on a bright sunny day?

Lord Ravnos likes this.
  5. Traveller13

Traveller13 Bug Hunter

Try adjusting the brightness setting on your monitor. I have my monitor brightness set at 50 (mid way) and in-game brightness set all the way to the left, and have no issues.

6. Lockey2

Lockey2 Avatar

Traveller13 as I said above. Brightness is MAXED. I have maxed everything I can max. Also even with "storm" I have the light spell from the sun tree cast. That is the only reason it looks remotely brighter. If I hadn't cast the light spell would be far too dark.

7. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

I turned off camera effects or whatever it is, that removes a lot of the dark shadowyness.. makes the game brighter

8. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

This subject has been a peeve of mine I have given up talking about. For some reason, afternoon light is what you would expect in early evening. Late night light is like morning. I completely agree with the OP. I always have my light spell on in afternoon and off in late night. This apparently is a suck it up issue IMO.

liz_the_wiz and Lord Ravnos like this.
  9. Lord Ravnos

Lord Ravnos Avatar

I have noticed this as well. "late night" is basically early morning... etc. in most out door scenes.... not sure why, but once you realize it, you kinda stop thinking about it as much.

10. Lockey2

Lockey2 Avatar

I'll try that @Liz thanks.

11. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

Without a global fix, the best solution was suggested by one of the devs in the past. I use Alienware to automatically adjust the brightness for this game only. However it can be done manually. In my case my video card is N-Videa. I right click the screen and the global video gump comes up. In windows, your video card adjustment is there. Click on it and adjust your card brightness setting. I set it for 80. Careful if you adjust gamma or contrast or other settings because you can really get things messed up. Once the brightness is reset, you will have a set up that perhaps more closely matches that of the devs who design the scenes and the people who do not know what you are talking about when you complain of the darkness. This works so much better than messing with your monitor brightness. If you do this manually, the setting you make will not be saved when you shut down the computer so you have to do it every time you power up. This discussion was in a thread that was a quick peek at Kobald dungeon scenes. The suggestion was explained by the designer (sorry I don't remember just who).

12. Lockey2

Lockey2 Avatar

Will try that. @Aldo thank you

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.