Limit Background FPS - Inquiry

Discussion in 'New Player Welcome' started by BossInvader, Jul 21, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BossInvader

BossInvader Avatar

Hello everyone,
    Just started today and already have 5 hours, so I am really enjoying it!

My question is, is there a command prompt, line code or in game setting (I am overlooking?) that will limit background FPS? The game runs perfectly fine for me at 120 FPS, but what I am looking for is a way to set BAckground FPS limit so if I tab out of the game, its not in the background using full CPU, GPU and Ram while still pumping out a full 120 FPS. I am playing through Steam and already added the DX12 command line (-force-d3d12) with success.

I did search Google, checked the Reddit pages and Asked in the Shroud of the Avatar Discord (which is where I was directed to here). If this isn't a thing, maybe it could be an option? I am new so I don't know the way or if its even possible to suggest features, but it would be handy, especially since I game on a laptop and would save a ton of battery!

Thank you for your time!

Violet Ronso likes this.
  2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

i don't think there is, currently.

generally, requests for new features go in wishlist requests, but here is okay too.

BossInvader likes this.
  3. BossInvader

BossInvader Avatar

Thank you for your reply. It's definitely not a reason to stop playing, more of a convenience feature I suppose. I see that every month they add/change/fix the game in some way or another since release, which is awesome, so I shall see if this gets considered some day!

Thanks again, take care!

Anpu likes this.
  4. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

If you're on Windows, try setting the process priority to a lower level via task manager, or renicing it with Linux.

5. Jack SinAssist

Jack SinAssist Avatar

what are you running to get 120 fps in shroud?

Echondas likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.