List of skills?

Discussion in 'Skills and Combat' started by jondavis, Oct 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jondavis

jondavis Avatar

Is there a link to a list of skills currently in the game?
    And hopefully some information on each skill?

The best part of UO for me was having to be alert for PK's all the time and ready to run at any given time.
    After realizing that style of game play was not a big part of this I stopped coming here.
    But UO was also great for the sandbox type of game and loved having many choices on ways to play the game.
    This is the only other thing that would keep me coming back here without the fear of being killed and looted all the time.
    I would say go for more skills that start off very basic than going for a few skills that are more complex.
    Most UO skills did not involve much but many of them like fishing were still played very often.

Also including survival elements to the game would make some of those skills feel more needed.

mikeaw1101 and Ahuaeynjgkxs like this.
  2. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Since it is ever changing then the only reliable source to see the full skill list is to in game open up the skill tree.
    The explanations are also in a state of flux so not worth fleshing out fully with such descriptions, instead use the skill tree tooltips to get some sort of idea.
    Also note that some say they do something but are instead buggy or missing.

3. jondavis

jondavis Avatar

Maybe I'll log in again and take a look.
    Be nice to see a list sometime soon so you can get an idea on how you want to start off.

4. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

You're definately not the only one missing the fact that when you cross a person path, they actually must react to you. Compared to this strange gameplay where you can walk for half a day and never get one person to even say HI.

In fact its irony that RG and DS went to UO and freeshards to publicize this game without knowing it would become a "bad joke" in those communities...

Seeing the feedback they gave and the rants I've read from freeshard devs... this wasn't such a good move even if you consider our dev philosophies like :

- If it gets talked about even in a bad way its still publicity.

- If we can't please the siege perilous and more involved type of players, good riddance.

- Allowing players to be responsible for their own actions is only asking for drama.

etc... etc...

The list is long and it really makes you wonder where in hell those "philosophies" come from. Feels like some bullied nerd needs to put his foot down because he's been laughed at and rejected his whole life and says :

Well if you don't like me, I don't care.

This isn't a very good way to manage a community IMHO.

5. Logain

Logain Avatar

Outdated ones only. Which ain't really surprising if you consider them changing every 15-30 days. Like @Spoon said, checking in game is the most (read 'only') reliable source right now.

Try harvesting in a Shardfall first week of Release 23, or a contraband run once they are implemented and then repeat that having to be at the ready to run is not part of SotA again.

6. Eriador

Eriador Avatar

I am a big defender to have more misc skills and spells, but at least now we have fishing and taming, and all that crafting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.