Livestreams and the ongoing issue with audio

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gix, Jul 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gix

Gix Avatar

I can't stand it anymore!

Everyone present in the livestreams have a nasty tendency to mumble. It's driving me insane! @DarkStarr and @Chris can sometimes speak loudly enough but even they, often times, speak too softly. Scottie seems like the only one who can speak clearly on a consistent basis.

Travis? My god, man! You're not talking into a phone, here.

Cranking my computer's volume to its maximum can sometime help me decipher what you guys are saying but, if I'm doing anything else with my computer, any other sound is going to destroy my eardrums... not excluding when you guys are shouting when you reach a stretch goal.

Like, congrats, but my ears are bleeding.

Would it hurt to plug in 2-3 headsets into the streaming computer? Or bring the microphone closer? Or speak more clearly?

It's been an ongoing problem but the last 3 livestream have been a complete nightmare for me.

Annunciate!

Hazard and Sol Stormlin like this.
  2. Sol Stormlin

Sol Stormlin Avatar

I say invest in some wireless mics. It is very very difficult to hear you guys and blasting our speakers damages them.

3. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

Whatever it is has to work with their streaming computer. I vaguely recall they had some kind of hockey puck thing on the desk as a microphone, but that was quite a few months ago, and I don't touch that computer because I don't know much about streaming and haven't had time to learn anything.

When I'm there for the big streams, I put my own analog microphone on the table inside so that people outside can pick up some headphones to hear what's going on without a 30 second delay, but I crank the gain up high enough that it might be a bit too hissy for a stream. And it would still need a wire going back inside from my mixer to the stream box. I also don't want them to be dependent on me having to drive up there every time; eventually I won't be able to make it.

4. SmokerKGB

SmokerKGB Avatar

I use Twitter to watch "Live" and if I miss something, then the recorded version afterwards, I have no problems with loudness, it's very clear for me (using Win7 x64, 150 mbps, USA)...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.