Living Underground!

Discussion in 'Housing & Lots' started by Hempy Do`Herben, Dec 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hempy Do`Herben

Hempy Do`Herben Avatar

Can I use my plot to have just basements underground with no home above ground?

2. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

I suppose it could be possible.. if not you could always just place the smallest possible house with the latest possible basement.

Hempy Do`Herben likes this.
  3. NirAntae

NirAntae Avatar

I believe you will have to have some structure above ground.

deryk and Hempy Do`Herben like this.
  4. Hempy Do`Herben

Hempy Do`Herben Avatar

It would be cool if they sold a portal in the store we could buy and just keep a portal above ground that transports you into the basement :p

5. Sir Bradley White

Sir Bradley White Avatar

I wonder if a tent will count as a 'structure'? :p I could imagine the eyebrows raised if you had a city lot with just a lone tent in the center, and everything you had was in the basement.

6. Hempy Do`Herben

Hempy Do`Herben Avatar

LMFAO! I LOVE IT! This is exactly what I am wanting :) I wish we could just have a hatch that goes into the basement or even better a hidden door like a rock or false tree or something.

7. Bayard2

Bayard2 Avatar

how about a large rock and you click on it and it slides open to a ladder down below!

I think I am going with the "starter" home and add a basement... crafting and storage....still have up top on the lawn room for a tiki bar lol :cool:

8. Sir Bradley White

Sir Bradley White Avatar

I am trying to think of the basement with something like a tent if it could work out. I know that it was mentioned that they want to remove the 'warp' function that is required to access a basement in a later release, but I can see a warped instance into a basement being something more useful outside of just regular home owners.

Say we had a tent lot for regular players that don't have a house to 'rent'. Inside the tent could be some way for them to warp to a privately owned basement for them to store goods. The basement for these rent-a-tents could be limited in size so other backers with plots and large basements wouldn't feel like they are getting the shaft. Make it like a 1 story basement only. If they ever stop renting the basement would pack up automatically and all their goods would be held in that basement.

So I like the idea of some way to have basements require something that could be small or hidden to grant access to it on both a regular player lot, but also be used in tandem with a rent-a-lot if they ever do decide to do something like that.

Probably won't happen for Episode 1, but an idea for the devs for future episode launches.

Time Lord and Kuno Brauer like this.
  9. Count Napoli

Count Napoli Avatar

I'm considering just using the small default home for my city lot, but that all depends on how the farming & sheep herding mechanics will work in this game. The basement is enough home for me if I can utilize the earth above for something profitable and not a big money sink.

10. jondavis

jondavis Avatar

I posted something like that a long time ago.
    I still like the picture I posted
    Inspiration in real places

Sir Bradley White likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.