Loading, Waiting, Looking at...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Wextel, Jul 7, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wextel

Wextel Avatar

After few month of game, now, after 1 hour i look to a crafting bar, was thinking about the meaning of some kind of thing on that game.

I craft, i must LOOK for hours a monitor, still standing, doing nothing, i'm not playing just looking a bar, and in game i can't do anything else then watch a bar; For an armor or single item is ok, but when we speak about ingots, food etc. i don't understand the meaning and the fun in stand alone for hours doing that.

I go grind mobs or other things, i kill them, i gather then i must WAIT, still standing alone in the middle of an area and just wait wait wait till respawn, cause have fast spawn is bad, make to easy grind, so stand and wait.

I go explore and visit around and then LOADING, load maps, npc town, pot vendors, decorations etc. and wait, but ok this is not the worst part of all.

So i was wondering in 1 hour of game how much time i'm really playing and not loading, waiting or just looking at a bar?!

Obieuvsly the post is for reflection, not just an attack, cause if i want offend or flame i use a different range of words and meaning, but really someone must reflect about those parts of the game.

FrostII, Dhanas, Chatele and 3 others like this.
  2. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

I think a good phrase is a little like silence on the radio, its dead air.. its itme not spent doing anything other than waiting for.. whatevers next..

Wextel likes this.
  3. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

Why do you need to do it for hours?

If you do it by the way it's just a few seconds.

Peoe tend to do things excessively, thats not the games fault, although i agree i would like to have more complex crafting too.

But to have to watch a bar for hours its because you excessively grinded materials and then craft it all at once.

If people are stockpiling to thousands of x or y abd then want to refine it all at once it's their own decision and less a bad gamemechanic imo.

4. Merlota

Merlota Avatar

I've seen two solutions to this. The more common one is to queue up netflix while you play. The less common one is a second account, when you hit a pause on one switch to the other.

The time it takes is the same lumped or distributed. It is probably less doing it all at once due to less setup time.

Wextel likes this.
  5. Leelu

Leelu Avatar

Patience is a virtue . For those that have a minimum amount, I am available at a cost to assist. Just kidding, ;).

Adjustments will possibly be made , a tweak here and a tweak there till its running smooth as silk. Probably not on the top 10.:):)

Ice Queen and Wextel like this.
  6. Rixa Ultima

Rixa Ultima Avatar

Grinding materials is quite fun.crafting materials is a non-sense.it is only boring and annoying.if u have something to tell pls tell me why we have to stay immoble w8ing.i'm stupid and Just don't understand it. @LordBritish

Last edited: Jul 7, 2017
  7. Wextel

Wextel Avatar

Ye you are right, it's 2 hours i'm watching the monitor and i did massively 100 foods.... and anyway was not just about crafting, but also on camp waiting mob spawns...

liz_the_wiz likes this.
  8. skeggy Media

skeggy Media Avatar

whilst you craft why not watch all the helpful and entertaining videos created on youtube or twitch or chat in the forums or on discord.

9. Wextel

Wextel Avatar

Cause maybe if a person want watch videos will not "try" to play a game, but will just watch videos :) If while playing a game, i must do something else to waste the time maybe there is something wrong.

FrostII, Dantuin, Chatele and 2 others like this.
  10. Gix

Gix Avatar

This is the part that struck me as odd:

I'm not one to encourage grinding, because no game that calls itself an RPG should tell its players to grind, but maybe you should grind in harder difficulty areas... or are you? I'm saying this because, where I'm sitting, I'm getting back-stabbed by mobs that I just killed seconds ago and I'm in the 3 skull areas (I practically one-shot anything in 1-2 skulls areas) by myself and the respawn's high frequency is driving me crazy.

11. Dhanas

Dhanas Avatar

So, why in 5 skull area have I lot of empty time waiting mob respawn? ( Es. Sequanna Colossus, Deep's Ravenswood )
    Waiting for mob respawn is not realy so funny.

12. Antrax Artek

Antrax Artek Avatar

not sure if trolling or serious:rolleyes:
    So, tell us the name of the area please, so all can confirm what you're saying.

13. Wextel

Wextel Avatar

In the most of scene i must wait mob spawning, just the last time with sequanna and skeletons spawn i had fun again, but now they don't spawn faster anymore cause they fixed it. The day i started to do them i said "Oh finally something fun...for sure they will change it" and they did, maybe i'm a prophet. Évry place that make people don't feel to waste time as been changed, so...

14. Gix

Gix Avatar

Not sure; most likely that the mobs spawns aren't tuned properly... I know @Chris keeps tabs on player traffic so maybe he slows down the respawn rate on popular scenes?

Dhanas and antrax1990x like this.
  15. Antrax Artek

Antrax Artek Avatar

[​IMG]

@DarkStarr help us please

Dhanas likes this.
  16. Wextel

Wextel Avatar

Can be if those scenes are so popular maybe there is some reason? And scene without traffic maybe have some issue? There are a lot of zones, very beautiful maps and scene, you visit them one time, then are just useless.

Dhanas likes this.
  17. Dhanas

Dhanas Avatar

Yes, this is the problem that @Wextel is talking about. It's not necessary to reduce respawn rate on popular scenes, because if theese scenes are popular maybe is because theese are funny and worth too.

18. Antrax Artek

Antrax Artek Avatar

Instead of slow down respawn, @Chris , why not increase respawn in low population zones?

Dhanas likes this.
  19. Rixa Ultima

Rixa Ultima Avatar

Guys,seriously,who may have fun on seeing a bar for hours without do something??is that a new japanese perversion?i spent half day for make materials for craft a decent armor set that this devs provided to nerf in durability.i think this game have tons of potentility,i spent lots of money in that game and when i stay toward that bar i feel like the devs are pissing on me laughing.Pls if someone like see a bar and have fun from it,just tell me why,couse i really don't understand it.make a good action and help me pls.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.