Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Local noise

Discussion in 'Release 4 Feedback' started by Aldo, Mar 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

I decorated my house with workstations and quickly discovered an irritating roaring noise coming from the forge. The sound was appropriate, but it was constant and you could hear it half way across the room. After a few minutes, I had to turn my sound volume way down to control it. I was advised that this was the solution, but I can't imagine having to click on the gears and adjust my sound level every time I want to be in the room with the forge, and then remember to re-adjust it before going back out the front door.

One solution might be to have the forge start making noise only when you are actually crafting. Another would be the a room (or house) option to suppress local noise.

2. Sirius Sternwarte

Sirius Sternwarte Avatar

Chuck it in the basement next to the lotion basket

3. docdoom77

docdoom77 Avatar

I haven't experienced it for myself, but if it's really that loud and has that much of a distance, it needs to be addressed eventually. I'm hoping they were telling you that changing your volume is the solution for the pre-alpha phase and that they intend to fine tune such things before release.

Ragnabrock likes this.
  4. Sirius Sternwarte

Sirius Sternwarte Avatar

I thought the wizard tower teleporter was loud in an earlier release, it's been made quieter now. I think a similar thing happened with the tesla tower.

5. Aegis159

Aegis159 Avatar

Yeah the Tesla Tower was much more quiet this time around, I wasn't hearing it from the other side of Owl's Head this release. I could still hear the hum hum hum from the moongate ever so slightly but it's a much more manageable sound overall

6. SmokerKGB

SmokerKGB Avatar

Hi Aldo, I had the same problems with the intro music being very loud, so I turned down the master vol in sota to about 2/3s, then I turned down the music in sota to about 1/3, then I turned the Sf down to about 1/2, now everything is good to go, and I don't need to change my computer settings....

I think you will need to close the option box for them to take effect too...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.