Login Queue????

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by psteg, Aug 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DancingShade

DancingShade Avatar

These login queue issues pop up occasionally - it just means something is happening server side and normally goes away in a few minutes. It'll be ok and it's nothing to worry about.

2. Phiedrus Oliva

Phiedrus Oliva Avatar

To me it's obvious that you don't have to wait any queue to play, it's just a temporary issue.
    I don't know if it is related to server power or prealpha, anyone that uses a computer regularly can face temporary issues or downtimes at any level.

CampersCrispin likes this.
  3. psteg

psteg Avatar

guess I will just go to the Add On store and spend a few hundred more.

Womby and Morbeous like this.
  4. CampersCrispin

CampersCrispin Avatar

Sometimes the server breaks for whatever reason. It even happens for the big companies. What a load of entitled whiny uneducated drivel you're posting. + its alpha. IF this was a common thing I would have some sympathy for you, but it isn't so you're being incredible unreasonable.

Fister Magee likes this.
  5. LoneStranger

LoneStranger Avatar

We're nowhere near Pokemon GO's first week.

6. Sargon

Sargon Avatar

Servers are likely virtual and can be scaled up or down. This isn't the old days of purchasing physical hardware.

7. LoneStranger

LoneStranger Avatar

I don't know why people are discussing server power and such. The server crashed. The queue is likely there to keep hundreds of people joining the game all at once when the servers comes back up. There is the potential for further problems and possible crashes if everyone joined at once. My guess is that they also have a dial they can turn so that they can let a few people in first and make sure everything is ok before they open the floodgates.

Think of it like the metering lights on the freeway during rush hour.

8. Sarek

Sarek Avatar

Did you notice there is no maintenance window daily, house keeping seems to be being done on the fly which is in itself impressive for such complexity. A super tiny wait to log in is no issue at all when you can effectively play round the clock hard core style (until your bucket fills). Less of the glass half empty please

9. smack

smack Avatar

Most of their server / backend stuff will scale and can handle 100x more load and stress than we can throw at it. Unfortunately, you have to get past their authentication servers, which is a single point of failure in their architecture currently.

10. Asclepius

Asclepius Avatar

I believe Chris said on Discord that the server was being hammered fairly hard - probably an attack (?DDOS).

Just by way of comparison - in Australia we had a census yesterday (happens every 5 years) For the first time ever people could fill in their forms online. (Woo - excitement!). So after extensive preparation, the Aust Bureau of Statistics website was hit by hacking attacks. After the fourth attack the site was taken offline to safeguard the data they were trying to collect. Thousands or maybe millions of people will fill in their "Tuesday night" census "tomorrow" or "sometime" - when the site is up again. In other words - EPIC FAIL.

In contrast, the Shroud team shrugged off an attack, the game was up again in 10 minutes or so, and - gasp, shock, horror - there was a queue, as everyone suddenly tried to get back in again.

I reckon a 20 minute or so queue is infinitely better than an indefinite outage;)

Acred likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.