Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Lookin' for a good time?

Discussion in 'Release 20 Feedback' started by Soulicide, Jul 31, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Soulicide

Soulicide Avatar

Yes, I've become a bloodthirsty scavenger. Solace Bridge saw me picking every last gold coin out of the pockets of the burnt dead. Not that they would be needing it anyways. But then in an effort to collect as much gold as possible so I wouldn't lag behind in training, I found myself feverishly opening every drawer, cabinet, trunk and flour sack in NPC homes. "Oh, this is your nightstand? But...I need ALL THE THINGS." Garlic, cheese and banana bread sells for 13 gold a pop. Sorry Enmar, unless you raise the bounty on those red sashes, it's a lot more profitable for me to just ransack other people's bedrooms of their bread. Let them go hungry. And let them not eat bread.

Ah yes, and the first release that Bentley's quest to retrieve his "farmhouse" key was introduced, I was horrified to later learn that it lost me brownie points with the Oracle. I vowed I would never help Bentley again. This release, it was one of the first quests I did because I knew it was quick, painless and he would cough up 500 gold for the shady little errand. Sorry Oracle, I blame amnesia. It was a crime of passion. For gold. And there is no Guardian bellowing in my mind anymore that I shouldn't be doing that. No pissed off Iolo skittering off in a huff, questioning my virtues. No guards slapping my hand with their scary looking polearm telling me not to touch that. I can get away with ANYTHING. Is this why it's called Forsaken Virtues?

If I can kills it, I will skins it. After a certain level in previous releases I stopped skinning creatures. It seemed to be one of the least profitable mats because of its availability and I wasn't doing any leather crafting. Now I'm just happy to sell the hides to the NPC vendor for a tiny amount of gold since Koren won't take them anymore and I usually don't even have enough money for the player vendor surcharge. Times are tough. To make them even tougher, the elves of Greymark no longer drop iron long swords. The rusty short swords they now drop make my endless slaughter of the elves feel way less satisfying than before. But I do it anyways because I desperately need that pathetic amount of gold. I sort of feel like a cheap hooker in a country experiencing severe economic difficulty at this point.

With that thought, I actually considered the possibility of turning tricks on the street so I could simply afford my AoE. Hey you good-looking, kobold-headed hunk. Lookin' for a good time? Okay, so maybe I'm not THAT desperate. Yet. And at any rate, nobody else has any money either. :D

2. SmokerKGB

SmokerKGB Avatar

The Oracle told me, I was bad for stealing from the families of those poor defeated soldiers... I felt it right here, ya know...

Soulicide likes this.
  3. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

that bread sells for 25 if you get the right vendor.

4. 4EverLost

4EverLost Avatar

Well, if you never visit the Oracle then I'd suppose your conscientious need not bother you. So, just skip the visit and merrily loot away?

Unless, do prices at NPCs get affect by stuff like that? Never did remember what was suppose to be so bad about it besides the Oracle being a bit unhappy about you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.