Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Looped Encounter with Bandit

Discussion in 'Release 35 Dev+ Feedback Forum' started by Gideon Thrax, Oct 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gideon Thrax

Gideon Thrax Avatar

Just outside of Yew a Bandit intercepted me on the road, and now I can't get away from him. I've been forced into the same encounter four times now - I return to the overland map to be immediately intercepted again. haha - I'm restarting my client.

The good thing is, seeing the Bandit on the road was awesome! I tried to go around him and he chased me into the woods. It's pointless to try and run - this guy doesn't slow down in the high grass and trees.

OK - restarted my client and had the option to enter the Plains Encounter or the overland map. I picked the map, and the Bandit was waiting for me... I'm back in the Encounter! haha

Retlaw, Alexander, Sophi and 3 others like this.
  2. Evilgamer

Evilgamer Avatar

yep, I've cleared skeletons twice already, they just keep spawning on the world map and running straight at me.
    the instance is clear

All I want to do is go home!
    if only there was a spell that would take me straight to my bind point (yeah I'm dumb sometimes).

Last edited: Oct 18, 2016
    Alexander and Duke Avery like this.
  3. Gideon Thrax

Gideon Thrax Avatar

Yeah, I just finished clearing the scene and harvesting a few things... hit the map and BAM... bandit all up in my grill - back in the encounter. :D

4. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

I found it very easy to avoid the encounters I saw in the Hidden Vale... but I was wearing my coconuts so moving faster than the roving mobs. In fact, I got right up next to them just to see the aggro range and I had to get pretty close. But like I said, very easy to run away from them with coconuts equipped. :) I hope that doesn't change because that would give me the option to engage or avoid if I so choose.

5. Evilgamer

Evilgamer Avatar

Its not without them at least, ultimately I had to recall to get away from the one I was in, I would spam move forward while invisible take about 2 steps when the map loaded and then stop and the skeleton would run offscreen to me and pull me back in the instance...repeat from he same starting spot. Bug or not, thats a blocker

And I was trying to avoid this fight in the first place and got caught.

6. Womby

Womby Avatar

Hmm. Looks like I'd better start making recall scrolls.

Sophi likes this.
  7. Mobidoy Querrent

Mobidoy Querrent Avatar

Yup faced the same situation, 5 times in a row pulled in the same random encounter... And it is still the same instance. All the ressources are harvested and mobs are killed !!!

Duke Avery likes this.
  8. Sophi

Sophi Avatar

Read the op's post and laughed my head off, thought wow! I have to check this out, sounds exciting!!
    Got my running shoes on (i.e. coconuts) and took off to look for adventure. Had to travel pretty far to find any. The bandit i eventually found was REALLY obvious, standing right on the road big as life, easy to avoid with the coconuts, uhm... was a bit disappointed. I was more expecting an NPC trying to hide and jump out at me when I wasn't expecting it - you know, ambush!.
    Finally found a wolf out in the woods (off the road) that was harder to spot, had to run around and interact with him a lot before getting pulled into the instance. Ran right out again, he was still there trying to get me again but i was able to run away on my coconuts.
    So overall was a bit disappointed in the experience because there were so few of them, and they were so easy to see from far away and avoid. Seems to add another dimension of unfun and frustration actually. Sorry guys I know you must have worked hard on it, but there it is.

But on the upside I'll be selling more travel scrolls!

Doctor and Duke Avery like this.
  9. Gaelis

Gaelis Avatar

Arkah had same problem with an encounter, a grey wolf was chasing him and dragged him back in encounter a few times after he left and reached the overlandmap :D

10. Retlaw

Retlaw Avatar

As I posted somewhere else fell into this same issue, 5 times before I was able to get to another scene to load instead of the encounter grabbing me.

Matt Harris likes this.
  11. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I tested the bandit encounter last night. With the coconuts equipped, I was easily able to escape by going around. Once the bandit stopped chasing me, I turned around and went back. For a short time, the bandit ignored me, so I assume there's a "you're safe" timer involved. I'll bet that timer gets started as soon as you're pulled into the scene, so that by the time you leave, and two loading screens later, the timer is reset and the bandit sucks you in again.

The "you're safe" timer needs to start when your avatar reappears on the world map.

12. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

I had the same thing, I think the further you are away from the server eg maybe a longer ping time etc, that you appear cant move for a sec and sometimes the mob catches back up with you putting you back in before you can move

13. Scrambler

Scrambler Developer Emeritus

I fixed quite a few things in build *405* for the roving encounters. People upgrade if you haven't and post any issues you see over the weekend. Thanks.

Alley Oop and Lord Barugon like this.
  14. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Much better. Thanks.

Scrambler likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.