Loot/Drops/Arti's

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Cenbhan, May 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cenbhan

Cenbhan Avatar

Anyone else not seeing any drops lately, to include recipes? Was the drop rate ninja nerfed again?

2. Waxillium

Waxillium Avatar

Chris says no for 41. Felt like it was then I just got a bunch. RNG!

3. bakau

bakau Avatar

Have they mentioned ever about making better loot drops from boss mobs ie dragons demons liches etc so it makes it worthwhile killing them?

4. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

5. Cenbhan

Cenbhan Avatar

Half a dozen items of junk!:p

Ice Queen likes this.
  6. Vero

Vero Avatar

K'rul gave arti's this yesterday, seen the dragon drop them aswel. same go's for the mages in the Rise :)

7. Burzmali

Burzmali Avatar

I've got better than 20 hours in r41 and no drops more interesting than a poison potion. I've been killing 5 skull mobs and scrapping alternative design weapons. Confirmed as another feature of use only to the 1%?

8. Waxillium

Waxillium Avatar

I'm curious to know if drop rate is linked to # of items currently in existance. That would be an easy way to say "I didn't reduce the drop rate" however have code that throttles drops based on volume of any given arty in the economy.

Definition of insanity. Have you tried wyrmsands yet?

9. Burzmali

Burzmali Avatar

Not yet, I been in parties killing dragons in the Barrens and Rise around 20 times and the best drops so far were a neckbone and a recipe. I'm stuck in the peculiar level gap where I need the XP that elite and Rise level enemies provide to level efficiently, but I can't kill them reliably without a party (and even in parties I haven't seen much in the way or rare drops, not a single lich skull despite dozens of kills).

10. Waxillium

Waxillium Avatar

Fair enough. I got wrecked by wyrmsands elites till I could do it while reading my kindle. Last month I started getting wrecked by solo rise mage room and can now do it while reading the kindle.

If people stop and actually check xp per hour you find out that the deep ravenswood loop of liches and skeletons solo is as much or more xp vs. a party in the rise doing mages.

Solo mages you can do max 6 sets of all 16 mages (as they are on a 10 minute respawn timer) for 384k hr. With a second person its down to 288k an hour and a third is just above 200. You can crush those rates solo in DR or Ulfheim. I actually think xp for other than solo in that room makes it on par with the rest of the world top end tier 5 routes.

11. Bow Vale

Bow Vale Avatar

You can get this up a bit...i do that room then go downstairs to the room with 3 in and a couple fighters, do them and the room the other side with archers in, by time i get back they have just respawned, takes 10-12 mins a run through and u make just shy of 100k a run from memory for getting close to 450k an hr. You have to be able to clear the mage room in around 5-6 mins for this to be workable, if u take the full 10 mins then its not worth the extra running.

Last edited: May 19, 2017
  12. Rada Torment

Rada Torment Community Ambassador (ES)

I got an arti/rare in my first 10min in The Fall with Kor yesterday. Lucky? rng? magic? :D

I did not notice any nerf but to be honest I'm not farming artis like crazy anymore.

13. Waxillium

Waxillium Avatar

Sweet thanks. I'm not that worried about min max exp in there. I seriously read my kindle in between mage batches :D or I poke around on the forums/discord.

With the changes to these mages in r42 Illl be happy to clear em all in time.

14. Bow Vale

Bow Vale Avatar

In truth i usually just stay on the stairs between bouts myself and relax a little as it can get a little hectic, but if i feeling energetic i do the run for more xp!

Kvow Triumvir likes this.
  15. Timmy Vortex

Timmy Vortex Avatar

We organized a dragon hunt yesterday and i think there was 3 artifact drops. Which isnt bad in an evening i guess.

16. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

PvP zones have a really good drop rate for potions/arties

17. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

I finally got one the other day off of a stupid kobold in Elysium Mines. Lagomorph thingy and a Cat's Grace recipe at the same time.

18. StarWeed

StarWeed Avatar

The last 3 artis I've gotten were on the first mob I had looted that day.. elf Archer in crag, elf mage in the rise, and barrens dragon. I think there is something to that...

19. neveser

neveser Avatar

Good drops only available from 5 skull areas?
    My best drop in the game was a cure poison potion.

20. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

Ive killed a good tens of thousands 5 skull cultist in Seq collosus and not gotten anything at all except the new sword type. 900 hp melee type mobs.

neveser likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.