Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Loot from Cabalists needs attention

Discussion in 'Release 50 Feedback Forum' started by mass, Feb 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mass

mass Avatar

I've killed more than half a dozen Cabalists in the last few days (to cities under siege: YOU'RE WELCOME :p).

For me, they are typically not easy fights. I spend resources, damage my equipment, and sometime die. My most recent victory granted me a loot of: 12 gold.

I'm not saying every kill should have something amazing, but that is too low. Given the relatively low frequency with which you can kill these guys (I mean, even super uber people probably need 15 minutes to work through the siege, right?) I think 500 gold should be the baseline, lowest loot that you can get, then add in the random loot table.

What would also be cool is have one of your story writers sit down and draft 100 one page communique's between the Cabalists orchestrating the sieges to provide background on their motives, their personality, their in-fighting/power struggles, and the relationship of the sieges to astronomy. If I at least knew that one of these would drop every siege, I would be less slighted by my 25 gold and a banana (but, again, the loot should totally be at least 500 gold).

Also, we need a title, Hero of [Liberated Town] when we lift a siege. What an easy, long term goal that would be for players, to grab all those titles.

Right now, there's just not that much incentive to lift sieges.

Hornpipe, Quenton and Dhanas like this.
  2. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

all loot needs a look,

Guess ill be more specific ;
    crawling thru K'rawl a yellow Brawler give me the same loot as an Orange Brawler, Gunners give hammers? difference is almost 1k in HP sure diff weapon hammer to chain sword but those are basically worthless

mass likes this.
  3. mass

mass Avatar

I agree; some has gotten better. The siege engineers are actually pretty spot on. The Cabalists for me sort of demonstrated a severe deficiency of the risk vs. reward principle.

Weins201 likes this.
  4. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

I actually work the sieges like some do other places for exp once you take out the Engineer you can go thru the Champ / Marksman / or Wizard for a while but the loot is really only good for Engineers, Mages and Marksman sometimes have bags a nicer items but the Champion, their "Champion" has the worst sometime a shield and gold??

Same for Reapers - out of over 20 I have one Ashen???

We can go over and over sadly the "farmers" are the only ones that really benefit.

Recipies? as loot but ?

/
    /?
    ?

5. mass

mass Avatar

Yeah, the mobs that spawn with great frequency are tough to balance when some people play 18 hours a day. I'd rather encounter a mob less frequently but have a much better chance of getting good loot when I do.

6. Alrik Doom

Alrik Doom Avatar

It is one of Sota's biggest issues, Risk vs Reward! Team seems to busy trying to limit players they forgot to make a game that is worth playing! Lack of loot/ Xp decay/Fails in MW/Enchanting make this more like a shitty job then a game to have fun playing!

Xandra7 and mass like this.
  7. mass

mass Avatar

It definitely impacts fun factor. I'm actually all for having rare items and having a long and complex journey for character development. But it does need to be a fun journey and loot reward is an important part of that. We also don't want to make things so ubiquitous that everyone has everything and nothing has any value. I think with a sufficient diversity of items they can move the needle closer to the right balance (restricting the frequency of access to some things to balance people who play 18 hours a day might help too, but typically not a well received suggestion).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.