Loot Tables, or rather the lack thereof

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lathiari, Aug 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lathiari

Lathiari Avatar

So I have been playing quite a bit of this game this release as I am sure most of you are and for the most part things are looking up from the last time I played the game. I have however come across an issue recently that is starting to bother me quite a bit and I wanted to see what you guys think.

I have been battling monsters and I am seeing very little variety in the types of loot you will get from them. It's like difficulty plays no role in the drops. For instance, I have noticed a trend of receiving 10-30 gold on pretty much any monster I kill. Earlier today I went into the tower of the shuttered eye (great zone btw, really good atmosphere) and I was fighting skeletons and slimes. After climbing the tower for awhile I was faced with a difficult fight against a Lich Mage, a Dark Red named Lich Mage which was quite hard to bring down. When I open the corpse of this guy I found nothing but 20 gold and 2 obsidian chips.

The problem here is that I feel like the game just does not have traditional RPG loot tables, it kind of feels like every creature in the game is pre programmed with one simple set of rules such as if Humanoid Melee drop weapon, if Mage drop random reagent if anything drop 10-30 gold. Am I wrong in this assumption? Do things change later on? Feel free to let me know if so.

Leelu likes this.
  2. GreyMouser Skye

GreyMouser Skye Avatar

We still have slime dropping gold. There will be changes when the balance pass comes through.

Leelu and NRaas like this.
  3. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

The developers once said that the mobs would drop crafted items and other things people sell to vendors. I don't know if that is still the plan. Would be kind of interesting to loot a sword from a troll which was made by my neighbor.

Damian Killingsworth likes this.
  4. Mykll

Mykll Avatar

I agree we need loot tables. I got the table top chess and checkers sets, and no table to put them on yet. So looting a table off a rabbit would be ok by me.

5. Anvar

Anvar Avatar

Loot balancing was meant to have happened before R32 (and obviously will be ongoing) but I think it was delayed, if not they have an odd idea of loot balancing, cus balance doesnt mean every mob drops the same gold :p

And yes I know about the ideas of adding magic items etc Im just talking about the actual gold levels here. On a very basic level the average gold drop per mob should be increasing by 10 or so gold per skull level then more on
    slower spawning more rare mobs ie liches should maybe have 100 etc.

I imagine its just placeholder loot values as every mob / corpse you loot has 5-25g in it so it seems to me its just a standard value that is used and no gold loot tables are being used, ie in certain zones you can loot 500-700 gold just from the corpses
    in the cages as each one is generating the same amount of gold as a lich will, and double clicking corpses in cages in a 2 skull zone is a tad easier :p

Tahru likes this.
  6. Acred

Acred Avatar

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.