Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Looted corpses should not disappear.

Discussion in 'Release 47 Feedback Forum' started by Gix, Nov 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gix

Gix Avatar

There's a neat little AI behaviour that can trigger when an hostile NPC notices (close by or at a distance) an allied corpse on the ground; they go and investigate the area surrounding the dead body.

As someone who plays a stealth character, this is amazing... but if I were to get the most out of my stealth, I'd be looting the corpse entirely so that it can disappear which, in turn, prevents the AI from triggering that investigation behaviour and thus stunting the potential game-play.

To reiterate: It's really cool but the most efficient way to play bypasses it entirely.

They corpses should (obviously) disappear after a certain amount of time which is what I believe already happens when a corpse isn't fully looted.

2. Trihugger

Trihugger Avatar

They'd have to tie respawn rates around mob death time vs corpse vanishing. That has pretty annoying implications for any mine sadly. They could definitely eventually make it work, but it'd be a rough few releases while they dialed it in.

3. Gix

Gix Avatar

Of course. Although it already occurs when someone doesn't loot a corpse so, with that in mind, why not?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.