Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

looting while in attack mode gives error message

Discussion in 'Release 27 Dev+' started by Lord Lew, Feb 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord Lew

Lord Lew Avatar

Title: Looting in attack mode gives error message
    Blocker NO
    Description: When looting after killing, if your still in attack mode, you get a message saying cannot chage equipment while in attack mode.

2. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

We are having difficulty reproducing this issue. Does this occur 100% of the time when looting while still in combat? How are you looting? Take all? Double clicking? Click and dragging to inventory? Do you Bag Mode of List Inventory view? Any additional details would help us investigate this issue further.

That said, there were some equipment issues we had identified previously that we have some fixes for, so it's possible this issue will also be resolved once the next patch rolls out. Please keep us informed if you continue to see this issue.

Thanks for reporting!

3. Lord Lew

Lord Lew Avatar

ill get on tomorrow and get more details.. it was happeneing 100% for me, and I was doing both take all and dragging items..

4. Lord Lew

Lord Lew Avatar

its happening when I'm in R-26, when I drag gold from the corpse box to my body it gives the error *cannot change equipment while in attack mode* I don't usually hit take all, and I have been told I can double click it to loot it.. so dragging the item is the issue.. :)

5. Attenwood

You're trying to drag loot to your character sheet while in attack mode? This is actually working as intended. The paper doll of the avatar in the character sheet is primarily used for changing equipment. It's not expected to be used for looting. When an item is dragged to the paperdoll it's expecting a transaction of equipment. All equipment (except weapons) are blocked from being equipped during combat. Suggest double clicking, using Take All, or dragging to inventory in the future as opposed to the character sheet.

6. Lord Lew

Lord Lew Avatar

no sir, dragging loot directly to the body, not to the character sheet.. you will find that a lot of players from other games, especially UO will do just this out of habit.

7. Attenwood

I think I misunderstood the issue. Thanks for reporting. Will investigate further.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.