Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Lord Macsen (Aerie) won't appect his document

Discussion in 'Critical Issues (Blockers, Performance, Crashes)' started by dsalmans, Sep 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dsalmans

dsalmans Avatar

I got the "retrieve the doc"t from him, went to the location, retrieved the doc, but he won't accept it. The conversation doesn't progress beyond "No one could have survived..."

2. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

Reply inside the spoiler tag...

When you first get the document, your task is "Give Document to Lord Macsen." You'll give it to Lord Macsen, but gives it right back in the same action and your task becomes "Give Endorsement to Lord Macsen (Again)." When you give it to him a second time, he accepts it. In other words, you'll need to give the document to him twice.

With this in mind...

1. Do you have the task that says "Give Document to Lord Macsen" or the one that says "Give Endorsement to Lord Macsen (Again)"?

2. If you have "Give Document to Lord Macsen" and say "document" to Macsen, does the trade window appear? If not, that's a bug.
    a. If the trade window appears, can you put your document into it? If not, that's a bug.

3. If you have "Give Endorsement to Lord Macsen (Again)" then you should be able to say "document" to him and continue the quest. If you can't give him the document, that's a bug.

3. dsalmans

dsalmans Avatar

I have the "give document to lord macsen" task, and the trade window doesn't appear.

4. Sannio

Thanks for the extra information. I'll take a look. Issue #61763

5. coldrage75

coldrage75 Avatar

Same issue, details below in response to Sannio's reply above.

The task I have is "Give Document to Lord Macsen". Tried logging out, leaving city and returning. Still gives the text response to "document" but does not open the trade window.

His text response is: "You have my document? I don't believe it. No one could have survived that area, I'm sure of it! ...Give it here, quickly. Give me the document."

6. WeirDave

WeirDave Avatar

Verified today he does not open the trade window.

7. Vayrel

Vayrel Avatar

Having the same issue. No Trade window opens

8. Delirium3

Delirium3 Avatar

I also have the same issue

9. Sannio

I am having trouble reproducing the issue, but think I have a fix anyway. I just checked it in, and I think that means it will be available on QA tomorrow morning.

Also, this is not a repeatable quest, so no player should have an extra Macsen document after the quest is over. However, I saw a way that some players could get more than one. Any player with more than one after the quest is over will have it quietly deleted the next time you say "hello" to Macsen.

Black Tortoise likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.