Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Loss of keyboard movement control

Discussion in 'Critical Issues (Blockers, Performance, Crashes)' started by Gelerion, Aug 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gelerion

Gelerion Avatar

08/02/2018 14:59
    Title: Movement keys stuck
    Reproduction Rate: Random
    Blocker?
    Details: The movement keys (compass or rotation) randomly go in stuck mode. The current movement direction continues after you stop pressing that key. Pressing other movement keys/arming and disarming/etc. eventually stops the movement (most of the time). It seems to end after X amount of time. Is it my keyboard causing this issue?
    Steps to Reproduce: Randomly occurs in any scene (Vauban Pass this time). It get messy when you're in combat and the direction key decides to continually go in that direction. There doesn't seem to be a pattern to it. Only thing that may be related is the keyboard freezes up for a second or two. However, it doesn't always result in continuous movement without keyboard interaction.
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7820HK CPU @ 2.90GHz (8) System RAM: 32640
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 GPU RAM: 8074
    SotA.Win.64.819.Date.08.01.18
    Area: Novia_R4_Hills01_VaubanPass
    Area Display Name: Vauban Pass
    Loc: (113.5, 28.2, 101.7)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjRfSGlsbHMwMV9WYXViYW5QYXNzfHwoMTEzLjUyOSwgMjguMjEzLCAxMDEuNzA2KXwoMCwgLTAuNTQyLCAwLCAwLjg0KXwxMzc0LjQ4NnwxMHwxMS4wNA==

By Tor likes this.
  2. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

Having spent sooo many hours in sota, I can honestly say, Ive not seen this.

A few of us have seen where you toggle out and when you toggle back in, chat works but little else does, but you have to toggle, otherwise, I can honestly say that Ive not seen that, if your keyboard seems to freeze eg your numlock light wont change etc, then that does suggest a more localized issue.

3. wizardsmoke

wizardsmoke Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

@Gelerion

I have seen this happen with certain keyboards, so I suspect that this may be a hardware issue. Try using a different keyboard (different brand or model).

I hope this helps!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.