Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Lost Experience and Skill

Discussion in 'Critical Issues (Blockers, Performance, Crashes)' started by Fnor, Jul 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fnor

Fnor Avatar

1. Title:very large loss of skill and experience
    2. Reproduction Rate:unknown
    3. Blocker?yes because i lost a weeks worth of work
    4. Details: i logged in to today to find my train intelligence skill set as this:
      [​IMG]

you can clearly see it is 80 instead of the 99 it was on 7-11-2018 at 9:23 NBT. I have the chat logs and went back and checked. My character was logged in on the 12th but he neither gained nor lost skill nor fought anything. He visited a few vendors etc but i did however play shroud on another account. Hoping this was some weird ui bug, i relogged and then i played tonight and got the notification that my train intelligence went from 80 to 81 at 7-13-2018 at 9:17 NBT. I also noticed that skill that was previously locked at 80 had went down to 78 and i had regained that skill. That skill was armor preservation. I would love to know where almost 10 million points went to and my weeks worth of hard work to get it went. I can send all chat logs to support if needed but i think you can go back and clearly see on my character, which is the only one on this account as the other is still just a slot. This is a very serious bug and i am unsure if it effects any other skills at this time.
    5. Steps to Reproduce: unsure but i did log this account and another account on on the same client and this was through the steam client
    6. User Specs:
      07/13/2018 21:41
      CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5820K CPU @ 3.30GHz (12) System RAM: 32669
      GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX TITAN X GPU RAM: 12238
      SotA.Win.64.805.Date.07.10.18
      Area: POT_forest_metropolis_01a_template/Falling Waters Fortress
      Area Display Name: Falling Waters Fortress
      Loc: (-152.9, 37.0, -114.2)
      Debug: UE9UX2ZvcmVzdF9tZXRyb3BvbGlzXzAxYV90ZW1wbGF0ZXxGYWxsaW5nIFdhdGVycyBGb3J0cmVzc3woLTE1Mi45MDYsIDM2Ljk5OSwgLTExNC4yMTEpfCgwLCAwLjcwNywgMCwgMC43MDcpfDkwfDEwfDE4

Last edited: Jul 13, 2018
    Lancell and FrostII like this.
  2. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

Have you tried quitting out of sota, and logging in as this account? that would make sure it ditches any old items.. there used to be so many left overs if you just swapped accounts, this maybe still be one.

3. Fnor

Fnor Avatar

yes and restarting the computer and just to confirm it is lost i played enough to try to gain the skill and sure enough it went from 80 to 81 not 99 to 100 like it should have

4. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

:( there was a point a while back where some magic meant you could "die" from zoning/logging in.. I wonder if somehow you were hit with that stick? I hope they can resolve it for you.

5. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

I'm just adding to this as one of the people in Discord voice with @Fnor (she's in our guild) who wracked our brains for reasons for what she experienced.
    One of the first things suggested was to quit the game completely and come back in.
    She did that - with no change.
    I then suggested she search her chat logs for the entry of when she went to 99 in Train Int, and she found it from a couple of days ago.
    Then she searched for the "decrease" that also would show up in her chat log, and there was none.
    So this is a very, very serious bug.
    And I certainly hope that she will be given back those 19 levels in Train Int...... That was a lot of work and a lot of xp's.

Lancell and Beli like this.
  6. Tazar

Tazar Avatar

To summarize the above:

1.) Over weeks Fnor was trained up to 99.5 Intelligence - and she regularly called out her gains to the guild (and it's now tracked in the chat lots).
    2.) On 7.11.2018 at 9:23pm, her chat log shows that she reached level 99.
    3.) On 7.12.2018 she barely played the character using it only to search vendors, etc. - but no combat or skill use. She did however play another character on another account - and even had both logged in at the same time (Steam Client and Port Client) at one point.
    4.) On 7.13.2018 she realized that her Intelligence skill was now 80. A search of the chat logs shows no loss of skill and the arrow on the skill is still set to gain. She still had a pool of 3.4million so even dozens of deaths would not have taken her skill down that far.
    5.) We are talking about Intelligence Base Skill (as seen by hitting "K" to open the skill tree - selecting the "Focus" tree and mousing over the Intelligence Skill. This is not the "Character Intelligence" so things like Armor changes, buffs, etc. should not be a factor.
    6.) A further search shows other skills also affected.
    7.) Attempts to check/correct include: Leaving the scene. Logging out of SOTA and back in. Rebooting the computer. Gaining skill from 80 to 81 in case it was a display glitch (hoping the gain would reset it?). All had no effect on the issue.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2018
    Lancell, FrostII and liz_the_wiz like this.
  7. Fnor

Fnor Avatar

I have also confirmed this am a loss of at least one adventure level from 100 to 99.

Also the changes seem restricted to just the strategy section of skills and seem to have somehow bleed over from my other accounts character i was also playing on the same client, not at the same time. Various skills were unlocked but only the two were actually changed. Seems that bleed over happened sometime on july 12th.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2018
  8. Rentier

Rentier Avatar

My chars and different accounts didn't loose a skill-lvl.... yet
    -> so there must be something you guys have and me not

my main is adv 90 and I have only 3 specializations but all unlearning and at lvl 1 (Tree Ranged, Air and Live)
    my others are adv lvl in the 60s with no specialization yet

so what is the special ingredient here that triggers that?

9. Serafina

Serafina Portalarian Emeritus

@Fnor We'll look into this a bit deeper and get back to you when we know more.

FrostII and liz_the_wiz like this.
  10. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

Ive been i groups where people complained about this, I just assumed they were crazy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.