Lot Locations

Discussion in 'Housing & Lots' started by Royou, May 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Royou

Royou Avatar

I don't know if there is a list already, if there is or this has been brought up before, then for bringing it back up I am sorry.

What I'd like to know is if we can have a list of all lots and their locations. Reason being, if I know where a lots size that I am after is, I can work out a route to find one that I am looking for, instead of randomly running about in a panic watching my time click down not knowing If I will find the lot I am after in time, before another player in the next time frame gets it, before anybody says it "that's all the fun of it" fun for whom? I work long hours and don't have the time or patience to be running around like a headless chicken looking, I'd like a plan that I can stick to, go to point "A" find out if it is gone, if not claim it, if so then move on to point "B" and so on, till I get the lot I am looking for, I'd like to be able to plan where I place my house.

I remember very early on during the first few weeks/months of SotA that people talked of a database that would have a list of lots, that could/would be updated so that players could know at a click what was available and what was not, did this ever progress passed just the talking stage?

If this has already been discussed and I can be pointed in the right direction then that would be fantastic.

2. Selene

Selene Avatar

3. Royou

Royou Avatar

Last edited: May 10, 2016
  4. Odyssey2001

Odyssey2001 Avatar

If you find your perfect spot then alls good right, so what happens if you dont? then if you find yourself compromising too much you may want to consider a POT to live in..
    So for instance lets say you looking for Water Village Lot and cannot find one in time then why not consider a POT? there are many POT owners ( Like me for instance ) that have available lots and are looking for people to fill them..

So before settling for bad spot in an NPC town you may want to consider a good spot in a POT.. This is the time to start asking around the four corners and the hidden vale to see if there may be a good secondary option :)

5. GreyMouser Skye

GreyMouser Skye Avatar

I have recently found that the "Location Map" button on sotamap.com is invaluable as well. Just knowing the layout of a town is very important. It is useless to talk to the town crier with his list and not know where the 5 available village lots are located. Sure, I'll mark your compass, but you just guess which one is which and start walking. Come back when it was not in the area you wanted. Sigh... But yes, sotamap.com does not yet have all the overview maps, but it is a great resource!
    If you have not done it, click on the city to bring up the bubble, then click on the Location hyperlink if it is available.

6. Rofo

Rofo Avatar

Just a tip, If you leave the Lot locator window up, you can skip the return trip the town crier, just click another lot and mark compass location again.
    What I do, Is click each of the lots I'm interested in, then compare how big the green arrow size and direction to figure out which lot is the closest one to me, and then start working my way through the list like that.

Now if I'm trying to get close to the exit or crafting area, or vendor area, I'll go there first then start clicking and comparing Arrow sizes and directions before I start tracking them all down.

It's not great but it's better than nothing.

7. Royou

Royou Avatar

Thank you Greymouser2 what a great resource it is :)

Ice Queen, Moiseyev Trueden and Maka like this.
  8. Vaentorian

Vaentorian Localization Team

I imagine that, if someone were motivated to organise it, you could get enough volunteers throughout the lot selection period to monitor which lots get claimed in each town; and if the maps are all available, they could be regularly updated with that information.

I suggest this knowing full well that I'm not going to take on such a project myself, but if someone else does, I can offer a few hours of my time to help with the checking ;)

Moiseyev Trueden and Royou like this.
  9. Royou

Royou Avatar

@SeleneNoctua Thank you for pointing me to the fantastic database of Ice Queen, I now have a plan that should get me the lot that I am after.

@Ice Queen I would like to thank you so much for all the hard work that you put into your database, without it I'd be lost, with your help I now have a plan. Thank you for such a Fantastic database :)

10. Ice Queen

Ice Queen Avatar

You're welcome. :)

Royou and Moiseyev Trueden like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.