Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Loving the Non-Instanced Scenes!

Discussion in 'Release 7 Feedback' started by Aartemis, Jun 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aartemis

Aartemis Avatar

It has been SOOOO long since I have played an MMO that allowed me to go into a Dungeon, Cave, Mine, Sewer and run into other players to adventure with, without having to form a group!

Please, please PLEASE keep this style of game-play going in Shroud!

I understand the need for instancing in "Story Mode" and I also understand there should probably be a point where the Scene needs to lock out others because a certain level of completion has been met (or maybe its just time related).

But going back to UO, there is something so full filling about just running around and killing stuff, harvesting, grabbing loot. Then reaching a point where you need help and all of a sudden someone just shows up and you work through it together. I really don't want to LFG, it's just so more dynamic if people are just there...

I dunno, perhaps at least give us the choice (I guess the Solo/Friends/Open button just does that)

I just needed to take a moment thought to say Bravo, and keep it up. It's a refreshing style of play I have not experienced in a while - and its FUN. :)

Sierra, Aldo, Kaisa and 8 others like this.
  2. rild

rild Avatar

+1

ps i think all reports of fun are supposed to go in the bug section :p

Kvothe Kingkiller and Kaisa like this.
  3. NRaas

NRaas Avatar

While I agree with the original poster's sentiment, I would like to add this tidbit:

For those of you out there who want to only play with friends, while we wait for the official FPO mode to be unlocked, it is possible to use the "/zone" to zone into someone else's Single-Player Online instance.

Essentially, you can play in the normally totally open zones but only see your friends.

Have everyone start the game in SPO mode, and then use "/zone <player name>" to join your friend's current solo instance.

Gives you a good impression of how the game will operate in FPO mode (though I expect the official mode to be slightly more automated. :) ).

SmokerKGB, rild and docdoom77 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.