Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Mac unplayable!

Discussion in 'Release 13 Feedback' started by Michael Jung, Dec 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael Jung

Michael Jung Avatar

Current Blocker for me:
    Either entering Owl's Head is impossible at all, stuck at 94% loading screen, or entering and impossible to move till game freezes.

2. Sire Lancelot

Sire Lancelot Avatar

Drop your system specs and log a bug... In general I think the Mac client struggles atm.

3. smack

smack Avatar

Yeah, they really need to fix this for R14 considering that's a polish release. Mac users desperately need that 64-bit client to mitigate some memory issues. Even on my mid-2012 MBP, the absolute lowest resolution, fastest quality, all effects turned off, and even running in SPO, the game still hangs during loading or even within a scene it'll freeze.

Lyran likes this.
  4. Sire Lancelot

Sire Lancelot Avatar

Unfortunately I gave up on the Mac client until it is sorted out.

5. Michael Jung

Michael Jung Avatar

I was already wondering if I was sole person with problems on a Mac.
    It is no new one (Mac Pro 2008/32 GB/ATI5870) but I run LotRO, ESO, EVE and other games with no problems.

6. Sire Lancelot

Sire Lancelot Avatar

Nope... I am primarily a MAC user but for games I partition with boot-camp to play those PC only games.

7. smack

smack Avatar

In addition to my older 2012 MBP, I also have the latest and greatest 2014 MBP and the Mac client is still horrible with crashes and hangs. So yeah...

Once they fix that, then they can figure out why rendering scenes on the MBP is 10x darker (even with full brightness) than my PC at the exact same spot/time of day in the game.

:)

Sir Cabirus likes this.
  8. XcomVic

XcomVic Avatar

This is why you don't buy Apple products other than an iPod;0

9. smack

smack Avatar

Because they're so shiny!

Luckily, work provides me with my MBPs and my trashcan shaped Mac Pro and 4k monitor. :D

Sir Cabirus likes this.
  10. BlackKnight

BlackKnight Avatar

I'm also having Mac client issues. I'm fine on boot, fine on either a town map, or the overland, but moving from overland to town is fine, moving from town to overland map either hangs the app, or immediately crashes it. Currently on OS X Yosemite, 2010 Mac Pro, 10 gigs ram, 250 SSD, nVidia GTX760 (reference model with 2gigs ram)...

The crash issue, also with graphics set to low, the game is also very jumpy (stutters), I have a cable internet connection with 100mb down and 25 up, so bandwidth is not the issue, and ping to the server seems fine. Maybe an Open GL issue? Considering playing in Bootcamp for now, but would much prefer to play via OSX...

11. Dirk Hammerstrike

Dirk Hammerstrike Avatar

Oddly enough my personal macbook pro (early 2011, 8GB ram, 256mb graphics card) does "better" regarding crashes than my work machine (better specs 2012 mbp). The work machine crashes loading owl's head every time. I tried 4 or 5 times just to give them the data. I still have to look down to get through Ardoris on the personal machine, but all in all things have been getting better.

12. Michael Jung

Michael Jung Avatar

I use only Mac for work for ca. 10 years as I was feed up with problems of MS Win PCs but for gaming Macs are still suboptimal and only very few game publisher have good Mac support.

I had little to no problems before, just a bit of micro freezes and laggy'ness but R13 is really a step back.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.