Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Mac - Yosemite/Steam Char created but cannot move in 1st scene

Discussion in 'Release 29 Bug Forum' started by kateonline1, Apr 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kateonline1

kateonline1 Avatar

Info beforehand: I play SOTA since Release 16 via Steam and this happened never before. User Specs --> 6.

1. Title: Mac - Yosemite via Steam : Char created but cannot move/select npc in 1st scene
    2. Reproduction Rate: 100 %
    3. Blocker: YES - can not do 1st scene with Anabel
    4. Create Char: could create my Avatar - when hit "submit" or "create" (do not remember as I cannot go back) loading was "weird": after submitting I got no confirmation, that something was happening ... I decided to wait ... and suddenly I got the info that scene was loading ... my char appeared in the scene "Isle of Storms":
    pointing my my mouse somewhere also moved my char. In all other releases beforee - moving mouse my char was "watching" when pointing the mouse and moved only if I clicked left mousebutton. When I had an NPC in view double click released the dialog ... now I cannot even highlight Annabel (sorry for mistyping as I see only "Mysterious Women") with mouseover, double click does nothing - she does not get highlighted with everything I tried ...
    mouse shows only "x" see screenshot:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/oixj7m2ggmssysy/sota_iske storns.tiff?dl=0
    on 2nd try it seamed if mouse buttons had changed ... I could move as before hitting "W" and using right mouse button (all other releases before it was the left) ... but I cannot "select" Anabel with ANY mouse button either - whatever I tried, cannot select her at all
    5. Load game again and enter via Steam: Play online - Single Player Onine / 2nd. Restart System - Load Steam - Load Sota and enter single player online
    6. [​IMG] OSX Yosemite, MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2013), Proc: 2,4 GHz Intel Core i5, 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR 3, Intel Iris 1536 MB -- via Steam ---

Sorry if I missed something in the player instructions for rel. 29 ... I play sota for more than a year and just scam the instructions for changes, as I am not native English ... did I miss some really major changes in the usage of the mouse (mouse behaviour)???
    or is it a bug with my MAC? Is o update to "El Captain" necessary or is it a general (mac) problem?

Thank you for looking into this.
    Kate (aka Dorothy Oz)

2. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

Yes there was a major change in this release.

There are now two targeting modes, and (at least in build 404) the default is the new one where you use the mouse to move the screen so that the X covers what you want to interact with.

You can also press TAB to get back to the old way. If you want to use this all of the time (requiring a 2-button mouse), you will want to turn off a new game configuration setting. It is near the end of the list and causes battle mode to force change to the new way.

3. kateonline1

kateonline1 Avatar

Thank you Elwyn for the TAB hint. I forgot to notice in my report ... that I tried ... After your note I was more confident and tried TAB more than just a few times ... it finally worked. I could engage Arabella in the first conversation and finalize Solace Bridge and Soltown ...
    But moving, targeting and conversations are still very weard ... it's just a try between old and new mode, ESC does sometimes quit a conversation but sometimes it seems the conversation was already quit by the NPC and the menue appears ...
    - but these issues are non-blockers - so I think this thread can be closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.