Magic summon pet test (Revised on 1 Feb 2022)

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Chiasma, Jun 27, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. devilronin

devilronin Avatar

what are the stats like without spec, 50-75%?

separate issue, why is the summon health a flat gain instead of a %, % would be more useful based whats shown here, barely touching 200+hp is crap compared to the variance % gives to the tankier guys.(this goes for the tactics passive as well)

Last edited: Feb 2, 2022
  2. Tirrag

Tirrag Avatar

Goriah is me, my summon is Cietas so combined we almost hit 1700. I was running Atonal (5 stack), Lightning Storm, and Chain Lightning for damage.

Anpu and Violet Ronso like this.
  3. Tirrag

Tirrag Avatar

logged into QA and dropped my spec to get some numbers for you.

[​IMG]

devilronin likes this.
  4. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

So, to summarize, earth elemental gets massive damage to multiple targets + a stun; air elemental gets a fraction of the damage to a single target and nothing else. Earth elemental also has much higher resistance. Seems about par for SotA.

Just for comparison, here's my air elemetal: 140 Summon Air elemental, 120 Air Specialization, 120 Train Summon Pet damage, 120 Train Summon Pet Resistance, no food or accessories.

[​IMG]

[edit] Also, my air elemental does ~50 DPS against a training target.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2022
    Violet Ronso likes this.
  5. devilronin

devilronin Avatar

weird, my earth has 10.5% resist, no mw/en crafted gear(courage helm), one death res gem(i think all summons do? will resummon em all later)

6. Tirrag

Tirrag Avatar

@Barugon i know it was mentioned on stream a little while back that summons are going to get a rework like the tamed pets did... still waiting on that to happen. i do hope for air ele to go to a chain lightning. they are also supposed to fix the juxtapose version of the earth ele so that air spec and air summon level would be used instead of earth (since the whole point of the juxtapose version is to not need earth skills).

Barugon likes this.
  7. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

The really sad thing is that just your earth elemental is more powerful than my entire build (including the air elemental).

8. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

The Earth pet is OP right now. I have been reporting it since I have been sneaking around watching the high level earth guys. They can 1-2 shot players so I expect that earth pet to be nerfed. Brining the other pets of to earth imo would be silly. There are for sure a bunch that dont have the dmg out put that need adjusting and some that need to be tuned down. Reason earth pet does alot is it ignores shields and armor right now.

Chiasma likes this.
  9. Nexus-6

Nexus-6 Avatar

How many these high level earth guys you have seen? 1? 2? 3?

10. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

I can count at least 4 off the top of my head, and that's only from people I know about.

11. Nexus-6

Nexus-6 Avatar

Compare that count to known tamers...

Spinok likes this.
  12. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Difference between Tamers, Earth Summoners and all the other summoners is that Tamers have an entire tree + spec, Gear, multiple tiers of pets, pet food, put buffs, etc. Summoners spec in a magic school, there is no summoning specialization, there is the summons skill level, and 3 passives that you can train to increase their power, and very few options to increase their power outside of that.

This means that the exp, gear and consumables/bufffs investment is way higher for tamed pets, which makes sense that they are stronger than summons. Meanwhile the Earth Elemental blows all the other elementals out of the water, the only one who can somewhat compete is the Water Elemental because it heals the player.

Note that I still consider taming to have become WAY too strong now, like insanely strong, but that's another subject.

13. devilronin

devilronin Avatar

@Violet Ronso dont forget we cant use a scaling heal on summons<_<, so you need decent life heals/mend song to not need to get stunned while respawning the buggers(tapers?)

Violet Ronso likes this.
  14. Nexus-6

Nexus-6 Avatar

Its true... As true is that Earth magic has only one strong and useful offense spell... Surprisely it is sammon Earth ele.

15. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Is that why Revenant was feared for his Earthquake?

16. Nexus-6

Nexus-6 Avatar

Earthquake do good thing if you be in centre of battle... Continue further?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.