Mail delivery quests are excessively boring

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Toular, Feb 10, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Toular

Toular Avatar

Okay, so I've started playing a new offline character as if I were a new player, so one of the things I started doing is mail delivery. You get "easy" gold and decent experience. But.

It's boring. Go to Aerie and get a regional mail delivery that takes you to Harvest. Then Harvest sends you back to Aerie. Harvest sends you to Aerie.... Really? Could there be perhaps a mail delivery to Kingsport or Owl's Head from Aerie? At least that would be some place different and for an actual new player would be a way to get them to the Hidden Vale. It is literally just a boat ride away from Aerie.

Speaking of that new character... I had a problem with Charlotte in Solace Bridge: news of her safety never made it to her mother in Soltown - I never got the conversation that said shewas safe. She was there with me when I took the boat from Solace Bridge to the Outskirts.

2. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

I think you might be a bit confused... doing a mail deliver only gives gold. It does not give any xp.

That part seems to be broken. We can't currently tell her she is safe.....

Last edited: Feb 10, 2022
  3. Kelly O'Shay

Kelly O'Shay Avatar

I assure you the mail quests go all over the map. It just has a random number generator that helps it pick the next city so sometimes you will get the same cities.

4. Toular

Toular Avatar

True ... I meant the experience from the random encounters. I suppose I did neglect to mention that.

Anpu likes this.
  5. Toular

Toular Avatar

That destination algorithm could use some work then, because I almost always get bounced back and forth between the same two destinations.

6. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

I *think* because there are only so few towns you will be sent to (like doing the Regional mail delivery) it feels like it starts to repeat too much. I do think adding at least Kingsport to it would be good.

It might be interesting to actually compile a full listing of which specific towns you can be sent too, for regional mail deliveries. And then we could see some NPC towns that possibly could be added.

7. craftymethod

craftymethod Avatar

Makes me wonder if mail could be upgraded to cargo running... *star citizen SCU cargo system would be sweet* *cough*

8. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

@Sannio, were what counts as a "neighboring region" for mail delivery updated when all the galleons were added?

9. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

No, the mail delivery quests have never been updated.

10. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Just like the real Post Office. Everyone uses aether mail now.

Alley Oop likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.