Main crsfting skillz value (affecting max durability?)

Discussion in 'Crafting & Gathering' started by Dyonisys, Aug 28, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dyonisys

Dyonisys Avatar

Hi devs and players,

Was having a talk about crafting system with a member of my guild and he brought me something i havent yet thoughts... here we go :

Idea of main skillz of a crafting tree like blacksmith affecting base damage for weapon or base armor and defense on a armor piece would be awesome but it as already been brought to the dev so here what it could affect : MAX DURABILITY !

for exemple if your main skill is at 100, the durability of a armor piece not exceptionnal would be 100 and 150 for an exceptionnal. But if you bring your skill up at 110, the max durability of the same item would now be 110 and an exceptionnal wpuld be 160!

Maybe this is a way to add somethin for crafting to incentive player to get skill up and the crafter player would end with better dura on their item pr more enchant masterwork.

I dont know how much work the devs would need to put in to make it happen i am not a programmer but looks like it could had something to crafting

Whats your thought!?

Bjorn Dyonisys

Last edited: Aug 28, 2020
    Tiina Onir and Violet Ronso like this.
  2. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

This is a good idea but instead of bumping the exceptional durability I would say that as your skill increases, everything you make approaches exceptional. So, given your example piece with 100 base durability, at 110, you always get 110 durability but exceptional is still only 150. This would alleviate the RNG for really high level crafters.

Violet Ronso likes this.
  3. Tiina Onir

Tiina Onir Avatar

This is a good way to make higher skill levels matter subtlety, without having another tier open up, with the balance implications for that, for masterwork.

4. Dyonisys

Dyonisys Avatar

This effect could only trigger at gm (100 and up) so it is a bonus for gm and dont affect durability under this.

What you think about it @Elrond ?

Is this simple mechanic to put in @Elgarion ?

Last edited: Aug 28, 2020
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.