Main Quests question

Discussion in 'New Player Welcome' started by Nevyn Waldail, Sep 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nevyn Waldail

Nevyn Waldail Avatar

I've seen a few posts talking about main quests and free lot deeds. Could someone point me in the direction of them or how I pick them up?

I think I was doing the bonedagger quest but it seems to have disappeared from my quest journal and I don't think I had actually finished it at all.

Thanks

Paladin Michael and FrostII like this.
  2. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

You can get the three Virtue quests by taking to Arabella. You can however still start the quests by yourself too. All 3 start at the 3 Outskirts areas, Blood River, solace bridge and Highvale.

You may have finished the part about the dagger. Do you have possibly the quest to get passage to Xenoa?

After finishing the 3 Virtue quests, you get the Oracle quest and finishing that gives you the Shroud and a home. You will need to be a high level, or go with a group, or perhaps Guild members can help.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2018
    Paladin Michael likes this.
  3. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

The free lot deed is a reward for finishing the main quest line. The main quest line consists of 4 parts: Courage, Truth, Love and the Oracle’s quest. You need to finish the first three before you can receive the Oracle’s quest. Each of the first 3 parts begins with the starter area and the surrounding region. The second and third parts would begin in a second and third region. The three regions are Highvale, Solace Bridge, and Blood River Outpost, if I recall correctly. The associated towns to visit, where you would find Arabella are: Resolute, Soltown, and I’m not certain about the third (I can’t recall off the top of my head, possibly Aerie).

The bone dagger quest is just the beginning of the journey that takes you to multiple scenes, for this one quest. It morphs into different quests along the way. To see what Has happened, the quest is recorded in your journal. Press the J key to bring it up. There you’ll see the current quests you have and a journal that records what you’ve done, what people have said to you, etc. That should give you a hint about what happened and what you should do next. Also there is a quest list on the left hand side of the screen, unless you decided to remove it. There should be a quest listed there as to what the next step should be. But there will also be side quests listed there as well.

Chatele and Paladin Michael like this.
  4. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

I think they start in the Non-Outskirts areas, which are right next to the Outskirts.

Paladin Michael likes this.
  5. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

yes, the intro/beginning of each path starts in
    Solace Bridge (leading to --> Solace Bridge Outskirts)
    Highvale (leading to --> Highvale Outskirts)
    Bloodriver (leadint to --> Bloodriver Outskirts)

6. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Correct. However all 3 areas eventually lead to the main quest. And also those areas have crap loads of XP. So it’s all good...

7. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

So slightly off topic, but after completing the three virtue quests who gives you the Oracle quest for the pages and stuff? I am trying to advance my offline toon and for the life of me I can't figure it out. I have talked to Arabella the oracle...nothing seems to work. Any ideas?

What is so annoying about this is that I have already completed the main story twice I should be able to remember lol! :)

Chatele likes this.
  8. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

the main oracle at brit castle

Cordelayne and Jaesun like this.
  9. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

Thanks Alley! :)

I did try that, for some reason it didn't trigger. I even double, triple checked to make sure I completed the virtue quests and I have all three items. For whatever reason I cannot get the guards to let me in and I have exhausted every dialogue option with them.

I know the offline mode isn't as polished or updated as online, so maybe it's a bug, I dunno? It is also entirely plausible that it's user error on my end lol. :)

10. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

can you go back to whichever end-path person you finished with last and say "destiny", you may have missed a flag.

(although if it's sequanna i'd probably try one of the other two first just to avoid the fight)

Elwyn, Jaesun and Cordelayne like this.
  11. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

Sigh, I was hoping to avoid this, but I think you are right. It's the only thing that makes sense. I will try Truth and Courage first as they are the easiest and see if that works. Really hoping I don't have to go back to Malice. I barely made it out the first time!

Jaesun and Alley Oop like this.
  12. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

Check your Journal enteries. There should be one for the third part of the quest that is something along the lines that you received an item from someone (whoever the third titan was that saw). Also part of the entry is a coment that you should see the Oracle in Brittany. If that entry is missing then one or more of the first three quest lines didn't end. You should alos have entries for the other two quests saying that you got an item from the person at the end of the quest line.

13. moxiepilot

moxiepilot Avatar

It would be helpful to identify in the journal what is part of the main quest. Since it isn't is there a way we can coume up with the main quest quests, so that we can identify what still needs to be accomplished?

Nevyn Waldail and Cordelayne like this.
  14. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

That will probably be in the new system.

Cordelayne likes this.
  15. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

Thanks for this, I checked and do not have a journal entry about seeing the Oracle in central britt. However I do have all the dread artifacts and dont understand how I can have all three unless I completed all the virtue quests. I'm gonna go back and talk to the relevant virtue npcs and see if that works.

16. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

Note that the outskirts areas are all side quests. Nothing in those areas is required to finish the main quests.

One important tip: there are some places in this game (two that I know of so far), where it is important to have shadows enabled in your video settings. One of those is is part of a main quest in Path of the Oracle.
    In your inventory window, click on the "gear" menu, and Show Quest Items. Look for the dread artifacts among the orange items. Note that if you got them before quest items were implemented, you could possibly have stored them in your bank. Just look for orange items in the bank.

17. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

So I finally got this figured out. I noticed that the Scepter from Grannus was at 0 durability, so I went back and talked to him which garnered me a second Scepter with greater durability and more xp. Even though I had already completed this before. Unfortunately, this still did not trigger access to the actual Oracle Observatory. I then went back to Artifice and talked to the Faun and Haphaestus which finally worked. After getting another round of xp, I was finally given access to the Oracle.

The really odd part about this, is that in my Journal it already showed that I had completed these two tasks; which again, I knew I had already done. The only reason I can think of for this "glitch" is that I did the Courage and Truth quests ages ago, when the Offline Mode wasn't as complete as it is now. I held off on Love, because my character wasn't strong enough at the time to survive Malice. So when I eventually did go back to complete Love, all three quests were updated and that "reset" the Courage and Truth ones that I had done previously. It's the only reason I can think of for what happened.

At any rate, thanks for your help @Alley Oop, @jiirc and @Elwyn :)

18. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

I had numerous problems with Love because I did it as the quests were added to the game. At the time you went from the Necroplois to Malice, but couldn't get any further. Then they changed the path and my quest flags got all screwed up. I had to get devs to keep flipping flags for me so that I could get it done. And I still couldn't complete it until the 'final', read current, version was put in. And then I still think I needed another flag set so that I could finish it. Witht he new quest 'completion' system they add a while back, I bet a bunch of flags got set when you went back and talked to them

Anyway, glad you got it to work out for you.

Jaesun and Cordelayne like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.