Make Grouping Great Again.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Magnus Zarwaddim, Oct 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

Ah ok I see , the waves were endless and now there is a last wave or a boss at the end?!?
    Less rewarding I guess :p

I extra said exploit with " I use the word more in a sense of taking the maximum from a situation or minmaxing etc...
    So just to say I'm in a super tolerant and friendly mood actually :D

2. Black777Lodge

Black777Lodge Avatar

I like the mentioned CP ideas above and the idea to create a content, that let people get in groups in a spontaneous way.

Stundorn likes this.
  3. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

I think a great idea would be to put some kind of puzzle where you need more than one person to complete it 3 people need to stand on a pressure plate and another need to turn key in door for it to open and allow access to the next room etc.... That would be the grouping things id like.

Also better more unique loot drops for everyone in the party.

Stundorn likes this.
  4. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

Yep, remember the D&D online dungeons with riddles back in 2006 by turbine.
    The Oracle and Boreas Colossus are quite hard to solve, at least for not native english speaking as you also have to read and understand hints that are written, but both were a blast to do and fun for me.
    If things would require a group i'm fine as long as it is outside of the main story!

5. Black777Lodge

Black777Lodge Avatar

What I have in mind about those CP's is kind of a reward the palyers get, as long as they can hold the Lord British flag. It could be a small amount of gold, xp or random loot that are
    delivered each 10 seconds or so. While they have the flag hoist and standing on the pad of course.

That while random eneny waves spawn each 2 minutes or so. The spawn's can be from 3 hardened skeletons up to 30 or more mobs at once or even pack 's of bosses. Once this wave's of
    mobs captures the flag back, they stay there until players get it back. That will give players the chance to organize bigger groups to fight them or organize people over the zone chat to fight it.

With that mechanism, people are forced to join groups in a easy way and it gives people an access into a group of people or find new
    friends to play with. Certain CP's could even be in a PvP zone, that will be a mess hehe :D

6. Magnus Zarwaddim

Magnus Zarwaddim Avatar

Wow, I enjoyed the variety of images you provided as thought for what could be. Yes, I think you hit the nail on the proverbial head with many of your thought regarding grouping (rewards, mob variety).

I know we can each of us get together with friends and group and have fun adventuring. I don't mean to suggest that what one person does is "meh" compared to what I might think or another might think. What I like about some games is not only the fun factor I have with friends, but with adventuring. This means the unknown, and I guess this is personal to me, but I like the randomness of meeting people and even if just for a short bit doing some group activity that makes me remember it days/weeks/months from now (although, certainly, there are things we can do with friends that we'll remember forever).

7. Magnus Zarwaddim

Magnus Zarwaddim Avatar

What I actually want is not this, per se. I think this has a place, even here in this game. Yes, raids or large group dungeons would be cool. But what I am after is adventuring. Whether with friends or people you don't know. Some hook of things I can do with others regularly that isn't just some waiter coming and offering me a menu. Control Points were great in that I could go in with friends, OR just roam into one absent mindedly and PUG the zone for a bit. There isn't much of that, where it's random. That might be for a host of other reasons, and certainly population will play a factor as well.

8. Magnus Zarwaddim

Magnus Zarwaddim Avatar

This is the heart of what I am after. Challenge. And doing it alone or with others (for me others is more important, but that does not detract from the solo aspect).

Stundorn likes this.
  9. Magnus Zarwaddim

Magnus Zarwaddim Avatar

This, too, is at the heart of what I mean. I respect and also partake in solo, friend groups and PUGs in games. They all are what I am after. Solo when I just want to be solo, but group and spontaneous when its available. Social interaction is great in this game, imagine it with more activities. :)

Spoon likes this.
  10. Magnus Zarwaddim

Magnus Zarwaddim Avatar

The only problem with this is that a good portion of the population wants nothing to do with PvP. This is why I like the solo/party mode vs. the multiplayer mode. You can pick your poison. :)

FrostII and Stundorn like this.
  11. Magnus Zarwaddim

Magnus Zarwaddim Avatar

Yeah, for all the "exploit" talk, I do not recall hearing that Mac or anyone at his level was doing Control Points solo. That just did not happen, to my knowledge.

Stundorn likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.