1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

Make Harvest Fails Yield XP

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by FBohler, Jan 9, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FBohler

FBohler Avatar

Just like in refining and crafting at stations, give XP for harvest fails so they don't feel like a waste of time.

After all, the experience gain in real life is bigger when you face a failure than when you succeed.

Elgarion, Dollar Bill and Sir Odie like this.
  2. FBohler

FBohler Avatar

When I made this post, I thought it would be instantly popular because of 4x fail at 95% nodes. Seems I'm the only one with broken RNG :D

3. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

Well, rather than having fails give exp, I'd like to see if you mess it up once, your next one has an increased success chance.
    Yes, failing 4 times in a row at 98% , several times in a single play session, can be a bit baffling if not bite-keyboard-in-half-rage-inducing, but there it is.

I think a far better system would do away with failing at all on harvesting once you're a high enough level. I mean, its a tree, you have an axe. You've chopped 100,000 trees in your life and I think you've got the hang of it by now. Worst case scenario, it falls on you and you take damage or something. But you'd still get the wood!

FrostII, Anpu, Gravidy and 2 others like this.
  4. FBohler

FBohler Avatar

I don't believe increasing success chance after fail would make it any less frustrating.
    Maybe making it yield more resources after each fail in meticulous collection fashion would do the trick.

FrostII likes this.
  5. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Preferably, failures just go away. We already sit through a progress bar; there's no need to make us sit through that and have it fail. Or, if failures are going to be a thing, drop the progress bar to about two seconds. But I think the idea is we're vulnerable to attacks while we gather, so probably the former; that is, we have to sit through the bar, but there are no failures.

Wilfred, FrostII, kaeshiva and 2 others like this.
  6. FBohler

FBohler Avatar

I agree, harvest fails don't add anything to the game other than waste of time and frustration.

Wilfred, FrostII, kaeshiva and 3 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.