Make Sieges Special Events

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by Rufus D`Asperdi, Jul 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

I've never understood why there can be 30 Sieges on the map at one time with the same Cabalist present at each. As things stand now, Sieges are simply an annoyance... They should be special events.

To that end, this is what I propose:
    • There can be no more sieges on the map than there are Cabalists. (8)
    • When the proper alignment occurs, a Siege is spawned only if one or more of the Cabalists needed are not involved in another Siege.
    • The Siege would spawn randomly at One of the cities that has an appropriate Shrine (One associated with one of the Cabalists included in the spawned Siege).
    • The Siege would Remain until lifted by Players and Not Despawn of its own accord. (Save perhaps after several Days of real time... Several Months of game time)
    • The Difficulty of, and Rewards for lifting a Siege could and should be appropriately Increased.
    This would make Sieges Events worthy of Note.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2018
    Arcanoxer, Elrond, Stundorn and 8 others like this.
  2. Sentinel2

Sentinel2 Avatar

Makes sense. They can physically only be at so many locations. If there are more sieges than Cabalists, then it's a Lich or some other creature running it. Also, Sieges should impact a city services. Prices go up. Shortages happen. That's what happens usually :)

twofoldsilence and moxiepilot like this.
  3. Vodalian

Vodalian Avatar

That is an awesome idea. It would turn sieges from an annoyance/farming spot (depending on who you are) to an event with more consequence for the inhabitants, but one that can be dealt with. (By gathering a group to clear it when it happens or by opting out of placing devotionals.)

4. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

1000% agree

And to underline by players and not soloable.
    It should need a group of players who autojoin something like a raidgroup who then fight off the aggressors.
    It should not be possible for one player alone to do it.

And i would at least say there should be no ways around! Incentive to clear the Siege !

I have the same opinion about bosses, but that's another story.

Steevodeevo likes this.
  5. Steevodeevo

Steevodeevo Avatar

Great idea on so many levels. Setting aside a huge justification for this idea (the pointless and irritating current frequency), what you suggest for very little effort on the Devs side would create a huge semi regular PVE event where townsfolk and friends from other Pots would rally together to break the siege and liberate the town.

Instant group fun, meta open world siege breaking combat, the start of something fun and worthwhile. Any adjustments to difficulty and rewards could be worked on in parallel as could methods for joining (auto join grp etc), indeed if they're even needed as we all know we would need to group up, maybe several groups (manually created raid) to succeed and were all smart enough to manage that via chat and group system.

Yes please!

Gorthyn likes this.
  6. Fruck

Fruck Avatar

I believe upcoming castle sieges are more in line with this idea...

Im not sure why we want to have less things for players to do on a regular basis. I dont consider sieges an annoyance at all, in fact I rather enjoy clearing sieges for multiple reasons.

7. Steevodeevo

Steevodeevo Avatar

Sorry... A thought occurs to me.

In theory we could (should? be doing this now. Yes we are put off by the frequency (what's the point in breaking the siege there are dozens of others....) but I've never seen a Group request in game or in chat from anyone, even a Pot owner, to come help him or her break the pesky siege on their plot.

Why?

The rewards are there, kinda, decent drops from the siege engineers a nice repeatable hand-in quest and valuable items from the siege boss.. It's not like we're unaware of them they're easy to spot on the map.

Don't we like co-op PVE here or is the incentive still too weak?

If I saw a Group request to join a radom grp for a siege relief I would probably join if I had time.

You know what.... I never check the LFG lists, I forget to do so every day and they don't flash at me to remind me to look or to tell me to check as there are open groups available to be joined.

8. Steevodeevo

Steevodeevo Avatar

If you can solo them.

9. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Castle Seiges are meant to be PvP.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.