Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Malice Feedback...

Discussion in 'Release 46 Feedback Forum' started by Elgarion, Oct 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Hey guys... progressing in Malice and had some thoughts that I'll add to. I've always put off doing quests as I was hoping only to do them after full polish, but I felt a bit froggy today.

SPOILER
    Why did touching 3 skeletons disable the force field. At that point, I found 2 notes that indicated no such hint towards that. Is one of the many books on one of the bookshelves supposed to provide more information? I scanned through them quickly, but all seem to be books I find everywhere else.

Was there some plot indication implying that touching three skeletons would advance the quest? And why these 3 particular skeletons since there were many present? I noticed, one did have a fancy hat.

I suggest including story for these 3 skeletons that would make me wish to search for them... and make them stand out amongst the rest. And also explain why merely touching 3 skeletons causes a force field to drop.

I hope I just missed a note somewhere that explains this odd quest advance procedure that, without story to back it up, really makes no sense to me currently :(

Thought I'd share -- loving the gloominess of Malice :)

Rada Torment likes this.
  2. Gix

Gix Avatar

Actually:
    It's not so much the skeletons that removes the force field but the gems inside them that you activate. Only 3 of them have the gems. I was under the impression that you had to loot them for it to work.

3. Elgarion

There were gems? They were empty when I opened them... yet the skeletons started to glow. Why would they have gems? Who were the deceased? Why would their gems open the force field? Why did they die just outside the forcefield with gems that could open it? Were they trying to open the forcefield? Why would I expect to find gems which could defeat the energies of the force field? I feel like either I missed story somewhere or there might be story missing to explain this oddity. Door opening gems scattered amongst random skeletons is rather peculiar and cries for some sort of story element.

Did I miss a letter or book? I found 3 letters. Was in Malice for about 2 hrs.

4. Gix

Gix Avatar

There’s no explication offered for the skeletons; only the mechanical relationship between the gems and the force field.

It’s not much of a puzzle but it’s there for the sake of having a puzzle.

5. Elgarion

Thanks @Gix -- appreciate it :) Hope there's still work to be done on this one.

Gix likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.