Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Malice quest broken

Discussion in 'Quests, Conversations, & NPC's' started by Delwig, Nov 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Delwig

Delwig Avatar

Hi

I was playing the Malice quest earlier today. I got all the way up to Anapa but I did not talk to him/her. I had to log out because of "life". I went to the stairs and logged out thinking its fine since its a "solo" instance. Just now I tried to continue the quest but I'm back at the main door into Malice. I go forward again but at the green poison barrier I'm stuck. I still have the 3 gems in my inventory but the barrier does not go away so I cant pass. Also I cannot loot the 3 skeletons again in case I need to trigger the "opening" again. When I try to loot it just shows a message that says something like that I have already looted that container previously.

I think this quest is part of the main quest line so Id say this is really a bad bug! Please fix this asap. It should be a check to see if I have the gems in my inventory and if so then the barrier should not appear...

Otherwise I'm enjoying the game a lot and I have been an Ultima fan since Ultima V.

Cheers

2. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

What you can try is, deleting those gems and waiting over 15 minutes before going back into the instance so the instance is reset, and get the gems again and try that.

3. Delwig

Delwig Avatar

Hi

I'm not having so good gear so I had quite some trouble to get as far as I did. I would prefer not having to kill all those skeletons again... If there will be no patch I will try that tho. But Id rather wait for an official answer first.

4. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

Thanks for the report. I'll take a look into it. Issue #62837

Paladin Michael likes this.
  5. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

I was running through this scene today to look into your issue. I think you can get through the poison wall again without any issue, but you'll need to...
    You'll need to double-click the three skeletons again to trigger the poison wall opening. You can even keep the gems you already have. When you go to loot the skeletons, you'll get a messaging saying you can't but that doesn't seem to matter...clicking all three skeletons will bring down the poison wall.

Let me know if this suggestion works! In the meantime, I'll still poke into things in Malice and see if I can make things better for situations like yours.

Delwig likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.