Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Managed to Pick Up Crafting Station when Entering Craft

Discussion in 'Release 44 Bug Forum' started by Traveller13, Aug 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Traveller13

Traveller13 Bug Hunter

1. Title: Managed to Pick Up Crafting Station when Entering Craft
    2. Reproduction Rate: Once so far
    3. Blocker? Not really.
    4. Details: I've managed to pick up a storage chest in my basement while moving to it and opening it. That results in a "Object in Use by Another Player" or some such message. I managed to do a similar thing with my smelting station the other night. I was moving toward it and clicked it. My avatar entered "moving to station" animation mode, and the station turned green and got tied to the cursor. My avatar was in the crafting animation loop. I could not craft. I could not place the table. I had to exit the game to break the stalemate. The table was at its customary position when I logged back in.
    5. Steps to Reproduce: Somehow manage to pick up a crafting table for placement when you click on it to enter crafting mode. Maybe double-clicked it or something.
    6. User Specs: SotA Build 645

[​IMG]

2. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Got the same thing a couple of days ago.
    In my case it seemed like it was one of those triple clicks caused by the time difference to the server. Playing from europe I often get that the server doesn't acknowledge a slow doubleclick so one has to do a triple or quadruple click to get a double.

So I was doing such a triple or quadruple click to get to interact with the table when that stuck thing happened. My guesstimate is that the first doubleclick got through, the avatar starts moving and then the third click seems like a "drag" since the mouse_down event and the mouse_up event are in different coordinates due to the movement. Thus starting to drag the table when switching to the crafting view which then blocks putting the dragged deco down.
    *sigh*
    Just like you I had to exit and resume to get a new load of the scene and everything was back. But that was a bit scary.

Problem for the devs is that they have too good a ping rate to the server so they usually can't repro things like this.

3. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

Suggested Solution: Add a timer to decoration mode so that after a few minutes it automatically turns off. Multiple players (including myself) have asked for this over the years. If we had this, you could also code it so that once a player went into decoration mode it would instantly turn off decoration mode. Problem solved.

4. Nomalice

Nomalice Avatar

Same thing happened with me, repeatedly. I have bugged it.

5. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

Yea, lag can be an issue that causes this with the double/triple clicking. I recommend using the "E" interact key (or whatever your hotkey is) to use the crafting stations and containers. It's much more reliable than a lagged out mouse click.

That said, this still seems like a bug that needs to be fixed.

@Traveller13 - Thank you for reporting. Bug is being recorded for review.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.