Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

mandrake roots planting

Discussion in 'Release 33 Feedback Forum' started by Church, Sep 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Church

Church Avatar

16g x seed - 8g x 2 water 0.8g hoe durability
    production rate 6 x seed
    every mandrake root will cost 4,13g
    other that you need a Deed, planting pot, many time and optionally a greenhouse.

why we have to waste time and resource for something that you can buy for 4g from reagent vendor ???

2. Gatsu.

Gatsu. Avatar

this was the same old issue on SOTA economy... it's totally broken.

developers has spent DAYS and DAYS improving agricolture (leaving a lot of every-day-tangible-issues untouched)

cottons farms have killed wild resource gathering...

the onlys solution is to INCREASE reagent costs at NPC vendors (but increasing prices destroy ALWAYS economy.. i' m Italian and the government are doing the same...)

on Owls' head.. reagents prices are 4-16 (changes every hour)
    but on NPC vendor of players-owned-cities are (4-6) and this is a great thing for me and an issue for you.. (i'm a mage) and probably is this the "BUG"...

P.S.
    are developers improving agricolture because some players are giving to portalarium $$$ for giant-pledges with coltivable terrain?

Last edited: Sep 3, 2016
    Mitara, Acred and Spinok like this.
  3. Rilman

Rilman Avatar

I built 2 greenhouses and did one crop. Along with the costs, when you harvest you don't get seeds, you can't leave the plants to seed either, shame.

Mitara and Acred like this.
  4. Church

Church Avatar

i'm also italian, the economy in this game are totally broken
    the problem are:
    gold farming is too low
    number of produced item is too high

5. Gatsu.

Gatsu. Avatar

hihihi

Acred likes this.
  6. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

Cotton farms have not killed gathering. You can't farm beetles.

7. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

Increase reg base price on the vendors will only trigger more nerd rage and recession.

Instead, The yield rate from agriculture should be increased to make it more worthwhile to do it.

8. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

I stopped planting my "eternal mandrake plant seed" pledge reward because it needs 2 buckets of water (8g) and takes a day to harvest... but only yields 2 mandrake every time.

I can instantly buy 2 mandrake from a merchant for the same cost, so why waste the time to plant and harvest the useless item?

I won't bother with it until it either yields more per harvest, water becomes free (via gathering from a well, etc.), or something else makes it worth doing.

9. moko

moko Avatar

Garlic is even worse only yielding ~2-4 garlic iirc. But, seeing as agriculture is not really implemented yet, I'm holding off with complaining and keep myself busy with other aspects of the game. :)

10. Brighton Rock

Brighton Rock Avatar

i have different numbers:

1 x seed 16g
    4 x water 16g - one water when planting, 2nd insta watering, 2 more times while growing
    gets me an average of 12 mandrake roots from one seed.

so a mandrake root costs 2.66g

[​IMG]

sometimes you also get a seed back

Sara Dreygon, Acred, Spinok and 3 others like this.
  11. Church

Church Avatar

in greenhouse or out?

Acred likes this.
  12. Church

Church Avatar

[​IMG] p

13. Brighton Rock

Brighton Rock Avatar

i don't have a greenhouse.
    how often did you water your plants ? I'm pretty sure you can harvest more if you water your plants as often as possible.

LoneStranger and Acred like this.
  14. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

Since green house make plants grow twice as fast, you may miss out the time you're supposed to water the plants to maximize the yield.

This is one of the reasons why my guild mate grow planters outside green house.

cartodude and Acred like this.
  15. Linthu

Linthu Avatar

This is my result also. I plant with one water, immediately water once again. Then two more waters at 8 and 16 hours. Then pick at the 24 hour mark. (This is all in a greenhouse) I get the 10-14 yield, average 11.5.

Still, the margin isn't quite thre for the labor. I would prefer to see them average about 2g per, so I can sell them at 3g per to other players.

Maybe agri skill will give yield bonuses, or watering bonuses, or seed reclamation, etc. Or, maybe agri skill will just make them sparkle when we are near them. (sorry, couldn't resist the last one. ;) ) Joking aside, I am reserving my criticism until we see agri. I have high hopes.

Lin

Rilman likes this.
  16. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

If you manage to commit to the demanding water schedule at the specific required increments, you can farm regs a little cheaper.
    But for the hassle it is, it doesn't really seem worth it as currently implemented.

Time is money.
    Farming is a time sink, it shouldn't also be a cash sink.
    I could either: Spend an hour farming green mobs, buy mandrake
    Spend an hour filling buckets and pulling seeds from my crops, and plant mandrake, which I can then spend more time picking later on.
    That should be the balance. Having to repurchase seed AND inordinate amounts of water each time makes agriculture largely pointless for reagents unless the yield values are seriously addressed.

Even at the post above where its costing <3g per mandrake - for the amount of effort and running about this is hardly worth doing.

Cotton's a bit different since you can't buy it from the NPC and this offers a good way to acquire it in bulk considering you need 500 of it for a set of armor. Still can't get beetles or foraging exp from it, though, so hititing every cottonbush in the wild will always be a thing.

17. Lord Baldrith

Lord Baldrith Avatar

Ya but I have to work and sleep so watering plants every 4 hours is impossible for me. I still hope we can get a craftable watering system for our gardens.

moko likes this.
  18. Sixclicks

Sixclicks Avatar

You can water every plant a total of 4 times (including the original bucket you use in the recipe). This is because the watering cooldown is equivalent to 1/3 of the total time it takes the plant to grow. So you would use 1 bucket in the recipe, water once right after planting, wait 1/3 the time of growth and water again, and then wait until your at 2/3 the time of growth and water one last time. There was thread on this forum where a player listed all of the grow times and water cooldowns. I'll see if I can find it.

If you don't water the plant the maximum number of times, you'll get a set amount per plant (5x for cotton, 6x for mandrake, etc.). However, if you water it the maximum number of times, you can double your harvest yield (8-12x for cotton, 10-14x for mandrake, etc). So make sure you know how long it takes for you plant to grow and start setting alarms on your phone for watering them lol... Greenhouses will reduce the water cooldown by half just like it does for the overall plant growth time.

Edit: here is the link to that post with the grow times and water cooldown info https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/agriculture-feedback.61429/#post-645114

19. Mitara

Mitara Avatar

Isnt it cotton plant that gives the beetles. Are they adjusted so that farms dont give beetles?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.