Mango Mokey in "Earn Sir Patrick's Freedom" quest

Discussion in 'New Player Welcome' started by Ffred, Apr 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ffred

Ffred Avatar

I'm working on the Earn Sir Patrick's Freedom quest in the Kobald expeditionary camp. I'm a pure mage.

I do fine with the area fighting until I get to the Mango Monkey. My strategy has been to keep moving and casting spells at him. I can last quite awhile doing that but my spells are barely scratching him (i.e. level 76 sun ray, level 58 lightning bolt, level 55 fire arrow).

Does anybody know if he is resistant to certain types of magic? I've mainly been focusing on fire magic (419 attunement), and air magic (491 attunement), and I'm almost able to obtain the specialization glyph for each, but for purposes of beating the monkey I'm not sure if I should focus on that, or if there is a particular type of magic he's more vulnerable to that I should work on.

Thanks much for any insight anyone has on how to deal out more damage to the funky monkey!

Witcheypoo likes this.
  2. Ffred

Ffred Avatar

Additional info: this is part of the Courage main-line quest.

3. Synergy Blaize

Synergy Blaize Avatar

Sorry I can't help you with the Magery aspect.

I did this quest over the weekend.
    I am an archer & found the best strategy for me was to enter the area to trigger the mobs & then jump up on the lower/lying down stone borders & fight from there.
    Also make sure you have an imbued Health potion on you to supplement heals.

Just a heads up for when you are up to "Meeting Korobar" in last stages of the quest.
    It could be handy to have someone else come with you to help you get to the entrance of the Caverns. The mobs can be rather brutal if you get a couple attacking you. (Depending on your Level)

Just remember to Drop the Party at the door & zone in.
    It's a solo zone.

Good Luck!

Last edited: Apr 30, 2018
    Ffred and Jaesun like this.
  4. Ffred

Ffred Avatar

Great info, thanks!

Was the benefit of jumping up on the stones that the mobs weren't able to hit you as much or just increasing the power of your arrows due to the elevation?

Also, if you don't mind my asking, what level (adventurer) are you? That will help me get a general sense of if I'm underpowered for the scene. I'm level 52.

Thanks!

5. Grimsley

Grimsley Avatar

I pulled him outside of the arena and kited him around the guards. So when he attacked with electricity it would aggro the guards and assist me in killing him

Ffred likes this.
  6. Ffred

Ffred Avatar

Thanks, intersting! So the guards ended up attacking him (the monkey)?

7. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

So... instead of fighting the thing yourself, you need to lure him to Guards to help kill him?

Ffred and Grimsley like this.
  8. Synergy Blaize

Synergy Blaize Avatar

Jumping up made the warriors damage less. Don't think the elevation helped.

I was Level 69 when I did it, so it wasn't too hard to do the battle rounds.
    I had tried awhile ago & I got creamed.
    But I am not exactly a "power player".

But as I said, getting to the cavern door was pretty darn nasty!

9. Grimsley

Grimsley Avatar

ya i was only adventure level 48. I could only do the first 2 waves without cheesing it. that monkey destroyed me. Now, Im sure this isnt the intended way to complete it but at my level, a few hits by him would kille me and I wasnt doing too much.
    yes, i had to kite him to the npc guards and eventually he had like over 4 on him. he has some electric shock that does aoe and the gaurds didnt like that.

10. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Ok yeah, at AL 48 your going to have to get creative on handling that hehe.

Grimsley and Ffred like this.
  11. Ffred

Ffred Avatar

A combination of the tactics suggested worked great, thanks everyone!

I tried jumping up on the stones and the arena guys left me alone and attacked my elemental, but my spells no longer damaged them, like what happens when you range attack a mob on the roof of another building where there is no open path for the mob to reach you.

However, I was fine handling the main arena guys. When the monkey showed up I did as suggested and walked near the guards and the monkey zapped them and me with the electric shock. I then jumped up on the stones and watched the guards beat the tar out of that stupid monkey.

Probably not the intended method of doing this battle but satisfying nonetheless.

12. Ffred

Ffred Avatar

Did anyone get any experience for freeing Sir Patrick or reporting to Lord Ferig? I got bupkis. I figured it would be a 10k'er after all that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.