Maps. Happy about the work being done but....yes there is a but.

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Belladonna Rose, Jun 30, 2023.

1. Belladonna Rose

Belladonna Rose Bug Hunter

I am totally excited and happy about the maps being done in all the regions of late. Its nice to have those being put into place. But. Yes the but is always there. Too many folks really have no idea what regions are what. It would be nice to have an Overall map that depicts the regions better. If there is one in place maybe i havent seen it. I generally know the regions as well i am out and about alot to know them pretty well. But maybe a small update on the overland maps with the region placed so folks can see . Ohh this is Verdantis region. Just to kinda help new folks when we mention going to certain areas.

Thanks and Have a great day

2. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Avatar

3. Mapper

Mapper Bug Hunter

I like the website version but its very outdated, POTs added 2 years ago aren't on it. Plus of course Episode 2 entirely.

4. Rae Averille

Rae Averille Avatar

I also like the web version but along with what @Mapper said, there's no description for the region itself. At the minimum there should be a link to the region on the sotawiki. I see the link now.

As to the original post, what would be on the map? Current towns (once towns are founded/disbanded the map isn't as accurate), cartographic information such as names of bodies of water, mountain ranges, valleys...etc?

Last edited: Jun 30, 2023
  5. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

My understanding of regions in the game so far is this:

Belladonna Rose: Is there any way that on the Overworld map that there could be a distinction of the Region boundaries. Hard to tell really the cut offs for the regions. And some zones are on the borders so hard to tell which zone they really belong in.
    Starr: We could spend time on this but for the most part these don’t really impact any game play so the development time would not be a good return on investment.
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/r50-postmortem-missed-questions.109642/

No idea if that then will be ever changing.

That said have been using Regional information for the Continent of Mistrendur moving forward at least on the Slangemagge Island.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2023
  6. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

the region names ARE on the in-game maps.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Belladonna Rose

Belladonna Rose Bug Hunter

Thank you Alley. For some reason i do not see it. I will look again

FrostII likes this.