Martin in Soltown

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Chastain, Jul 16, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chastain

Chastain Avatar

hello, Between crashes I was able to get to Soltown but when I visited Martin the shop keeper tells me here are some items for sale but no windows pop up and he walks away from me. Is this a bug or am I missing something? How can I buy/sell in Soltown? On the subject of Soltown, I have been looking for the catacombs mentioned in the help text but cannot find them. I need to bulk up as I was waylaid by bandits and killed with one flaming arrow shot. Hope you can help any with suggestions.

2. Lars vonDrachental

Lars vonDrachental Avatar

I guess as long as Martin is in his shop there should open a windows to do your trades.
    If Martin is not in his shop he might have free time and in that case he is not selling or buying anything...not sure if the NPC response mention that you should come back later.
    I do not know if Martin is one of these NPCs but there are quite a lot of NPCs with a daily schedule who move between their working area and resting area. They normally start to rest if it is getting dark and revert to work at sunrise (or shortly after).

About the catacombs take a look at the official map of Soltown: https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/map/?map_id=3
    In the west at the graveyard you can see the Soltown Catacombs.

Jaesun likes this.
  3. Chastain

Chastain Avatar

I figured as much but when I sit not dark? No matter when or how long I play it's perpetual night time.

4. Lars vonDrachental

Lars vonDrachental Avatar

One RL hour = one novian day
    At least between XX:15 and XX:45 on your RL clock the NPC should be at their working locations.
    I think around 00:50 night starts and end around 01:10, the next night starts at 01:50 and so on...round about 20 minutes of nighttime and 40 minutes of daytime each RL hour.

Jaesun likes this.
  5. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

One thing to check, in your game settings, There is an option to disable conversations with merchants, possibly on by default, try unchecking that :

Options : Interface : (4th section, under Hints) "Skip Conversation with Merchants"

This might be your fix!

@Chastain

Last edited: Jul 16, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.