Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Massive Memory Leak In Brittany Sewers

Discussion in 'Release 34 Bug Forum' started by Syipress, Sep 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Syipress

Syipress Avatar

9/20/2016 12:14 AM
    Reproduction Rate: 1/5 attempts
    Blocker? Yes
    Details: I entered the sewers from Brittany Graveyard and after fighting my way through to Area: Brittany Sewers (Novia_R3_City_Brittany_BrittanySewers) Loc: (197.4, 11.9, -155.7), I retreated back to where I entered after biting off more than I could chew. Many enemies chased after me until they finally tethered. I had /debug on to see the FPS and I noticed the INFO message count continuously increasing and the game started to become extremely laggy until it was unplayable. It got up into the 5000ish messages before the game froze completely. My computer was being unresponsive so I opened my resource monitor and saw that 97% of free memory was being used by Shroud (approximately 13.5gb). This game uses a bit of memory, but I've never seen it go above 6gb before. Obviously something broke. Sadly I was not able to reproduce this a second time after several attempts, but it seems like it was something to do with the enemies tethering, or me jumping into the water room with all the pillars after being shot by multiple fire balls/arrows
    Steps to Reproduce:Fight the group of enemies at Area: Brittany Sewers (Novia_R3_City_Brittany_BrittanySewers) Loc: (197.4, 11.9, -155.7) and retreat until they tether.
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2500K CPU @ 3.30GHz (4) System RAM: 16332
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 GPU RAM: 8144
    SotA.EarlyAccess.Win.64.393.Date.09.16.16
    Area: Novia_R3_City_Brittany_BrittanySewers
    Loc: (225.8, 11.9, -233.8)

2. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Thank you for reporting. We're aware of the immediate memory issue and are working to resolve it. We are having difficulty, however, reproducing the info message spam as you are observing it. :(

3. Syipress

Syipress Avatar

The conditions under which this happened for me might be coincidental given that other people are seeing memory leaks by zoning. I'll do more testing on this tonight when I get a chance and see if I can give you guys some useful info.

4. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Thank you! We look forward to it. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.